Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
majek

How can I get more FPS on my high end PC?

11 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

Could you guys please help me out with issue I'm facing regarding low fps?

I believe I have tried every single one tutorial to make my sim run smoothly on Airbus A320 (Aerosoft). (e.g. http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html)

I've tried nvidia inspector, fsx.cfg changes and OC.

Can't get constant 30FPS on Aerosoft product.

FSX details:
FSX:SE
ASN
REX

OpusFSI

Few sceneries (AI and traffic turned off)

Aivlasoft

Specs: i5 4670K@4,4GHz, GTX970, 8GB RAM, SSD for OS and SIM on HDD

I'm pretty sure I can get constant 30 FPS on my PC but don't know how. I would be grateful for any help.

I would also check and make sure you don't have any processes running in the background. I know of or my system I can usually pull 23-30 fps on average in the Aerosoft A320. For me though when I have a lot clouds from ASN my frames drop in to the low to mid teens since I only have a GT 720 video card. It seems like something could be dragging your system down. I always close all unnecessary programs from the task manager that I don't need and I always get better performance. Advanced System Care had a pretty good built in booster that shuts all unnecessary processes off. You could give that a try too.

Let me know if any of that works if you decide to try it.

Thanks guys for your suggestions. Sorry for not responding but I was on a business trip. I will let you know whether it gave me a boost or not tomorrow.

It's really hard to say buy I don't see a huge difference after adding an AffinityMask. It's still under 30FPS in VC, when I pick any camera outside the aircraft I have 30 constant FPS.

That aircraft is known for causing performance issues on some systems, search for the help at Aerosoft support forums. On my PC I get better frames with NGX which is more complex. Definitely the coding of that Airbus is not the best, but maybe I'm wrong since FMW system is taking the most of CPU cycles.