Taxi2gate

EDDM IMPROVEMENTS FOR GENERAL UPDATE

Hi guys, this post will be to comment about the things that need to be fixed or improved or what you like to see on EDDM, so we can have an order and listing those things, thank you very much for your help. We will upload a quick fix about bridges to no fall down there and after will be included on the general update.

Thanks for this!

I would like to support all issues mentioned by my fellow simmers in their posts. I think they are all excellent observations. Especially:

• The textures of the bridges (the edge of the bridges is darker Asphalt as opposed to concrete that extends in the scenery)
  • The lines of the taxiways edges are not double in real life as far as I remember.

Here are some more observations:

I am also very curious how the glass textures (especially at Terminal 2) will look with Prepar3d's new dynamic reflection in v 3.1. I am away from my usual sim PC, just using the scenery on my Laptop right now. 

Edited by nthabti

Detailed version: http://forum.iflysimx.com/topic/1299-several-inaccuracies/

Short version:
- correct color of taxiway lines and gate numbers at the apron (should be brighter and less contrast)
- apron color (should be brighter and less contrast)
- blue/orange line lights at night
- modeled/textured streets below the bridges
- correct fueling points http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=153&with_photo_id=74200294&order=date_desc&user=647226

- Is it possible to have JUST the airport and 'discard' the photoarea outside the airport?

- Improved AF2/AFX file, radius parking sizes are all over the place, alot of AI wing clashing going on at the gates, also GA aircraft parking at the terminal? Surely they will be on remote stands?

- Tidier roads and textures on the ground, in places AirDailyX's live stream last night really showed these out and they looked quite poor

- Grass colouring looks very washed out and faded/unrealistic in a vast number of areas, some serious reworking required 

Hi, here it is the quick fix for the bridges...

www.taxi2gate.org/downloads/EDDM/quickfix-bridges.rar

To install it copy and replace those files in this path...

FSX: Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM FSX\data\EDDM\Scenery\       

P3D V1,V2: Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM P3Dv2\data\EDDM\Scenery\

P3D V3: Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM\Scenery\

Edited by Taxi2gate

First of all thank you very much for making my home airport! It is a tough job to model such a big airport like Munich. Respect guys!

I know a lot of people already posted some issues and what you can improve. I'd like to share my experience with Munich in P3D v3 and want to tell you what you can improve to make this scenery perfect and as real as it gets.

1. Taxilines and 3D grass appear to light itself at night.

3dgrass69ryc.png

2. At the south part of the airport there is a lack of autogen.

autogenlack07re9.png

3. The textures of the bridges are very blurry.

blurrydcrjb.png

4. A lot of people already mentioned these textures...

bridgest5o8t.png

5. Missing fences.
In the first picture there is a missing fence between the cargo area and the public part of the airport. Please check the whole area with Google Maps for missing fences.

The second picture shows a missing fence between the airport road (for service vehicles eg) and the road to the terminal. Please also check this with Google Maps.

In the third picture you can see the missing fence around the airport area. -> Google Maps

fence1ynqkz.png

fence2yurr4.png

fence3cro3l.png

6. The ground textures look a little bit weird here.

ground1cnpb7.png

ground2hzp4l.png

7. Houses near runway 08R. 

There are no such high residential buildings near runway 08R. There is just an industrial area and some small houses. Just serach "Hallbergmoos" in Google Maps.

housesdgqnp.png

8. Missing lightcone and red light on the lightpoles.

lightpolesysp6k.png

9. The apron near the gates need to be more bright.

night121pin.png

night2nwpm8.png

10. All four papis are misaligned to their lights.

papipnqwf.png

11. Missing spotter hill near runway 26L.

Please add the hill and also some trees around it.

spotterhilldeolz.png

12. Taxiway textures.

Also already mentioned... The textures are not like the real ones. 

texturesb8r7v.png

13. Quality of the trains.

Search this: "et423 s-bahn münchen". I'd really like to see a more realistic model. Maybe, but only maybe! Animation? 

train9wogm.png

14. American catering truck.

I was shocked when I saw this one. :D

truckzxqsj.png

Some more questions:

• Can you possibly add SODE jetways?
  • Add a better satellite image?
  • Add an animation to the radar of both control towers (with strobe light at the big one)?

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by thokle

Detailed version: http://forum.iflysimx.com/topic/1299-several-inaccuracies/

Short version:
- correct color of taxiway lines and gate numbers at the apron (should be brighter and less contrast)
- apron color (should be brighter and less contrast)
- blue/orange line lights at night
- modeled/textured streets below the bridges
- correct fueling points http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=153&with_photo_id=74200294&order=date_desc&user=647226

I absolutly second these!

1. An exclude file to eliminate the power pole near 26R as mentioned here : 
    http://forum.iflysimx.com/topic/1281-eddm-power-pole-near-rwy-26r/

2. 3D grass appears to light itself at night looking goldish as mentioned here :

http://forum.iflysimx.com/topic/1301-eddm-improvements-for-general-update/?do=findComment&comment=7641

3. Apron ground texture and taxiways texture too dark should be brighter :
    http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/58745bdbc27e4f1db91eae2d193972a8/planes-at-the-munich-airport-germany-b8emx5.jpg

Edited by amirff

The connector stripes at T1 are not correctly modelled. I can offer image material, each jetbridge has ONE connector stripe in a different color, just like this (http://polpix.sueddeutsche.com/bild/1.1837458.1386335907/900x600/flughafen-muenchen-logo.jpg) Additionaly, the position number is largely printed on the jetbridge

Pos 113 (A380 position) is not correctly modelled. The third bridge is connected at a higher level than the others. I can offer image material for this as well. 

At Pos 165, there is no jetbridge anymore (comparable to 141, however the basic housing still exists at both positions)

Blue and orange lines are illuminated in reality, alternating between green and blue/orange lights

The whole apron looks a bit too "american style" in my opinion. Surface asphalt and taxilines are way too dark

At the Entries, the bridges shouldnt be way brighter than the rest of the taxiways both at night and during daytime. 

During wintertime, 3D grass is green, as well as the visitors hill and street bridges (already partially fixed)

I know you do not support DX10, but some textures appear black in the night time when in DX10 mode. 

Jetbridges should rest in the red/white stripe-marked areas.

Hi T2G-Team ,

ThX for the fast Bridge-Hotfix !!! ;)

I´ll only get 2 Problems ! 

- The AI-Taffic makes some Problems, iff AI is get Take Off oder Landing instruction from the Tower all other Aircraft get the instruction to Hold Short because Landing Aircraft, also User Airplane and this also at normal Taxiway far from the RWY´s !!!

- Bridges running after frist hotfix, but look´s bad !!

Edited by Wuffi84

I work on the ramp in Munich, and I would like to add some tips for the vehicles...

1) This has already been mentioned a few times - the american catering trucks don't fit here at all. Especially since I've seen a few more credible ones in the scenery.

2) There could be more cars and carts around the place. Most of the baggage carts in Munich are the yellow ones which belong to aeroground, the biggest company responsible for throwing bags into planes at MUC. Swissport/Losch is also present, but they mostly work the regionals at Terminal 2 and a just a few airlines at Terminal 1. 

3) You might want to add a few more types of vehicles, e.g. maintenaince vans (the ones from Condor are especially notorious, at least two of these at any stand where a Condor B767 is parked :D ) or the handling coordinators' cars, like the aerogate Smart cars, the Lufthansa Ops Ford Fiestas, or the AHS Volkswagens. 

If you need any more image material from ramp vehicles, I'll be glad to help you out.

I work on the ramp in Munich, and I would like to add some tips for the vehicles...

1) This has already been mentioned a few times - the american catering trucks don't fit here at all. Especially since I've seen a few more credible ones in the scenery.

2) There could be more cars and carts around the place. Most of the baggage carts in Munich are the yellow ones which belong to aeroground, the biggest company responsible for throwing bags into planes at MUC. Swissport/Losch is also present, but they mostly work the regionals at Terminal 2 and a just a few airlines at Terminal 1. 

3) You might want to add a few more types of vehicles, e.g. maintenaince vans (the ones from Condor are especially notorious, at least two of these at any stand where a Condor B767 is parked :D ) or the handling coordinators' cars, like the aerogate Smart cars, the Lufthansa Ops Ford Fiestas, or the AHS Volkswagens. 

If you need any more image material from ramp vehicles, I'll be glad to help you out.

Could you post a few photos what the colour of the apron/taxiways look like for Taxi2Gate to be able to correct these, too?

I reckon that Google maps gives a rather good idea of what the apron looks like. Especially the variations in shades of grey of the concrete tiles in west/east direction.

The "gutter" lines I was talking about in my post above can be seen and measured on Google maps as well. The 3rd line that does not extend all the way through the apron starts here 48.355718, 11.793148 and ends here 48.359206, 11.792539 . All the others extend all the way through. Similar gutter lines are on the new satellite terminal and terminal 1 on both sides of  O1 and W1.

There is also another gutter line that is located between the taxiways O2 and Center 2 as well as W2 and Center 2.

Edited by nthabti

Hello,

first of all, thank you for this really great scenery. It's really great to have a Taxi2Gate Scenery in Germany now. The performance of the scenery is really amazing. And thank you that you are already planning an update to fix some issues. The most important issues have already been named. For me the most important things to fix are:

- Blurry Textures on some apron areas as shown in johnny19's post above. 

- Missing red anti-collision lights at the top of the lightpoles and buildings and missing flashlights at the top of the main control tower.

- Apron colour and taxilines seem too dark, the terminal color is okay for me.

- Missing taxiway guidelines for blue and orange lines (described above)

- Missing animation of rotating radar on main tower and satellite tower.

- Color of the bridges differs too much from apron color.

- and the biggest sin: US-type catering car ;);) (shown in picture in a few posts above) These type of vehicles doesn't exist in Germany. 

All in all it's still the best scenery available for germany. Thanks for your work!

Hello,

please beside the other issues

which already mentioned above I want to highlight again that the AFACD needs to be updated asap. GA Aircrafts parking on the T2 Ramp/Gates as well as the Cargo aircrafts sitting on T1 & T2.

Beside that the Ai Traffic which lands remains more or less on the runway and didnt leave via taxiways to the ramp correctly. So part of the aircraft (Tail or part of the wing depends which aircraft type) is still on the runway and blocks it more or less. Maybe it is a problem also with the hold short nodes.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by jetset