Sign in to follow this  
mksas

How to make a good free FSX repaint for free

Hello everyone!

I really want to make a My Travel repaint for FSX (I don't care which!) but I don't want to spend money on things like Photoshop!

So, I've got GIMP, and I would like some Tips on how to put the colors correctly at the right parts on the airplane like on that one below ↓↓↓↓ without painting over all the windows when painting, and, making it look correctly, because the most repaints I've made looked completly wrong. And if you've got other tips, please include them too!

Thank you so much! :)

mytravel_plane.jpg

Do you mean does or does not?

If it was a typo and should be does not, I recommend GIMP or paint.net. The main reason is both allow you to work with layers, something IMHO is essential to make repainting easy and the end result look better. You also need DXTBmp to change the file format to DDS if your doing them for FSX and it uses the native format.

If it wasn't a typo and you do have Photoshop, then the NVidia plug in for Photoshop will allow you to save textures directly into the relevant aircraft folder in the native DDS format. Very handy and removes the need for something like DXTBmp.

Do you mean does or does not?

If it was a typo and should be does not, I recommend GIMP or paint.net. The main reason is both allow you to work with layers, something IMHO is essential to make repainting easy and the end result look better. You also need DXTBmp to change the file format to DDS if your doing them for FSX and it uses the native format.

If it wasn't a typo and you do have Photoshop, then the NVidia plug in for Photoshop will allow you to save textures directly into the relevant aircraft folder in the native DDS format. Very handy and removes the need for something like DXTBmp.

I downloaded that plugin, but am unsure how to go from A to B to C for workflow.  I have a set of nearly completed psd files, based on the templates that I want to get into their proper format for inclusion into a texture folder for an aircraft.  I was using DxtBMP which seemed to do ok with a previous repaint I did (still could grasp the concept of night textures), but anyways, this plugin, will it cut my processing time in terms of saving out files to other formats, converting, etc?