aceridgey

Future Caribbean coverage

Hi there,

It seems like Taxi2gate have gone from churning out extremely high quality sceneries at quite a rate and now it's all cooled down. Is everything back of house still going strong?

I would love to know if the smaller airports of the Caribbean are still being looked at. I think the community could definetely do with 

Barbados

St Lucia

Antigua

Any thoughts?

For Barbados there's an amazing freeware scenery by Max Kraus, Barbados Grantley Adams, its on avsim. 
The others (not entirely sure) might be done already by Latin VFR. 

Regards

Hi there. Yeah Max's scenery is great and I've been using it for ages but it's very old now and doesn't have great compatibility with p3d. 

Latin vfr have done a number but none I've listed. 

Kind regards 

Alex 

Hi there. Yeah Max's scenery is great and I've been using it for ages but it's very old now and doesn't have great compatibility with p3d. 

Latin vfr have done a number but none I've listed. 

Kind regards 

Alex 

Hi Andy,

I think that your question was aimed at finding out whether Taxi1Gate is operating at all at present?

It's something that I would also like to know!

Cheers, Richard

@Alex Yeah max's last update was 2012. Sadly I am still on the fsx boat, haven't jumped ship onto p3d yet. It'll be quite a costly jump though. 
@Richard to be fair, taxi2gate (don't think they'd be idle) but have been well under the radar on this forum. Their facebook page seems quite idle as well. 
Although I did get a reply from them just last week in a post I made about having a possibility of a "Lite Texture pack" for their sceneries as a lot of their textures are HD where it really isn't necessary, but it did take them more than a week to even get any kind of reply and I was down voted for my post which didn't help, since I tried to come across as constructive since not all of us are running P3d and are still on good old fsx (dx10) :). 
But again their support is quite baron as their means of any kind of beta testing their sceneries before shipping it out to the public which is dreaded with bugs etc. I've only had bad experiences with their sceneries now and to be honest there are other vendors who are far more accommodating who deserve our support. (again I didn't mean to come across like this, but I couldn't hold myself back about the taxi2gate overhype). 

Kind regards gents