vbazillio

Duplicate objects on LFML X updates for Prepar3D v4

I should have made something wrong (see duplicate glide-slope and localiser antenna with their shelters)

36037659376_a2f68a4a10_k_d.jpg

I looked for *LMFL* files in my Prepar3D v4 folders but didn't find any duplicate sceneries. Help welcome ! Thanks in advance

By the way, thank you for the update. The scenery is still great !

36059168205_0c531d3751_k_d.jpg

35888315182_fcfb66e1b0_k_d.jpg

36059168805_277e08e994_k_d.jpg

Bonjour Vincent! (je vais répondre en anglais afin que les non francophones qui auraient le même souci comprennent aussi ;) )

Many thanks for the nice screenshots! Your sim quality is superb, and I'm glad you enjoy the LFML updates!

Duplicate elements on the airport are often due to duplicate AFCAD files. But as you explained, you did a search and found nothing. I have checked on my PC and did not see the duplicate localizer, glide slope, etc. I think what you see as duplicates are the default ones from the stock airport. In LFML scenery, there are "exclude files" which should delete those.

We can try to "regenerate" the scenery by deleting your LFML X 2013 entry from your P3D V4 scenery library (always using the scenery library tool from P3D V4 directly). Then start the sim again, add LFML to your scenery library and start a flight at LFML. Let's see if there is any improvement :)

Please let me know, if this does not work we'll be looking for another solution.

Best regards,
Thomas

On 22/07/2017 at 11:18 AM, JetStream Designs said:

We can try to "regenerate" the scenery by deleting your LFML X 2013 entry from your P3D V4 scenery library (always using the scenery library tool from P3D V4 directly). Then start the sim again, add LFML to your scenery library and start a flight at LFML. Let's see if there is any improvement

Did that. No luck. Sorry about that. There's something wrong with my setup. If I inactive the JetStream scenery, I still have the duplicate objects... Still investigating :

36072969506_718803ecc6_b_d.jpg

I had to desactivate all my sceneries (including Vector, openLC, Orbx freeware...) to find back only only one of each of equipment.

35981319651_8880d713f6_b_d.jpg

Then by adding one after the other, it seems Orbx Vector is faulty. Which doesn't make sense because I still believed Vector didn't add that kind of objects...

Thank you for your feedback. It is a good thing that we can narrow our search on Vector thanks to your tests. I will be installing Vector today so I can check if I get these duplicate objects too. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Bonjour Vincent,

Merci pour l'info. Quelque chose doit en effet avoir changé dans la gestion des exclusions avec P3D V4. Je vais me joindre à vous sur la discussion de Pilote Virtuel. En attendant, j'ai agrandi les exclusions sur LFML (on ne sait jamais). Serait-il possible de tester le nouveau fichier AFCAD ci-joint? Merci!

LFML_ADEX_TLG.zip

Unfortunately, same problem when replacing LFML_ADEX_TLG.ZIp with your updated one.

Just checking :

1. Confirm there is only on entry in the P3D Scenery Library needed for LFML scenery ? Pointed to (by default) C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\JetStream Designs LFML X 2013 P3Dv4

2. Do we still need the file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\LFML_ADEX_TLG_ALT.BGL ? I just test and without the file I have elevation errors (runway above the ground)

I just make another test. Even by removing everything from Orbx VECTOR (desactivating any ORBX/FTX like all ORBX!VECTOR entries in the scenery library) I have the duplicate objects. So Orbx Vector investigation is false. My bad. Sorry about that.

Hi Vincent,

Sorry for lack of answer. I'm indeed on vacation at the moment, but I could make the tests with Vector. I don't get the duplicate objects, so I'm not sure Vector is the culprit here. I think another file in your install is adding these duplicates, but looking for it might not be easy if it doesn't include "LFML" in its name.
Maybe if you put the LFML scenery at the top of the scenery library there could be an improvement?

On 11/08/2017 at 10:53 AM, JetStream Designs said:

Hi Vincent,

Sorry for lack of answer. I'm indeed on vacation at the moment, but I could make the tests with Vector. I don't get the duplicate objects, so I'm not sure Vector is the culprit here. I think another file in your install is adding these duplicates, but looking for it might not be easy if it doesn't include "LFML" in its name.
Maybe if you put the LFML scenery at the top of the scenery library there could be an improvement?

Thanks. First : ENJOY your vacations ! Second : same problem (duplicate object) when putting LFML scenery in the first row ;(

Hello Vincent,

I'm really lost here, I can't see any other reason for these duplicates than maybe an LFML file from another scenery, or something like that. I have tested with VECTOR and LC_EUROPE, and could not get these duplicates. I also checked the AFCAD file, and everything is normal too.