Who's excited for FTX Global??? This I think will be one of the best Scenery release for FSX :) How much do you think it will cost?

From AirDailyX:

"The product will initially be released as the "Basic Pack" which will be upgradeable to the "Plus Pack", the ladder providing a constant stream of scenery updates. Release is expected before June 30, 2013"

More from AirDailyX here

More previews here

global.JPG

I guess it will come down to price for me. I have mixed feelings on it. On one side of the coin I think its great that theyre doing the entire planet. On the other side I spend 99.9% of my time flying in North America.Thats where the price tag comes in to play. I'm not gonna fork out big bucks for a ton of scenery I'll rarely, if ever, see.

Its nice that theyre offering a "base pack" and a "plus pack" but I think I'd rather see it broken down into different area packages for example an "Americas" (North America and South America) pack and a few others which I'm not quite sure where the boundaries would be but you get the idea.

JV has stated he is getting an average of 40fps over PARIS at night,remember Paris is the most densely region in FSX,so that is good enough for me.And anything ORBX does is honestly the best anyway so I think it is cheap for what you get.And it does not affect other airports like Aerosoft of say FLY TAMPA 

I simply can't wait for FTX Global to be released. Why? It looks amazing, textures are spot on, some areas looks almost photorealistic (like the germany examples). And this things are the past: "does this areas has GEX?" or "hmmm maybe I can extract some photoscenery from FSearthtiles on this location". No more! Just buy FTX Global and enjoy every part of the world, with UTX.

The thing is, it is pretty much just as good as a landclass - the textures are still not fully accurate since most of fsx is just the same repeating texture. Even saying that I have most of the other FTX Regions excluding Australia since I never fly there - and it is simply stunning. This will be worth it if you are -like me- sick of the horrible default ground textures then it will be worth it - by the way nice work finding the pricing plan ctec - I saw on a much earlier stage that it was almost $200 before they split it into 2 packs.

FPS wise - I max out all the sliders on the scenery tab and over Pacific Northwest Seattle that take me down to 30fps and I am locked at -and usually get- 40fps all the time. Over any less dense region of PNW or their England scenery frames are always 40 - and those are their full regions. The frame rate with the NGX VC is a different story altogether - but since I just use it for VFR flights then it is fine, and it is easy to disable and re enable whenever you need it :)

It is pretty amazing, just I stand by my prior point that it is a shame that we still get the random roads running off into the water since it is pretty much just better textures, It'll be nice to have FTX quality world wide though especially for blending it with old fsx and the current FTX. Looks gorgeous anyhow :)

Amazing pictures,cant wait :)

Recently bought and tried a mesh for the first time, then bought another, then went crazy and emptied purse :D

Looking forward to that combo topped with utx.