iFlysimX

New Full Cockpit PMDG B777 Screenshots!

Now I am probably going to get ripped to s***  here- but I think texturing and modelling is better by CS here.

Before a flame war emerges or anything like that, YES, I do agree that PMDG will have more fidelity, YES, I know it is the favoured of the two, YES, I am a CS fanboy, but it doesn't mean I dislike PMDG.

I just think CS has done better modelling and texturing.

That's it, that's all I want to say.

Pete

If you want to simply sit on the ground at an airport and look at the beauty of the textures, then the CS aircraft may be as nice visually ......... but if you want any level of systems realism, features, and reliability then forget CS !!!! .......... it will be PMDG all the way.

CS make great vintage airliners, where they don't need to look at VNAV, FMCs, etc.......... (Eg... I really like their 727 and 737-200)..... but they should never had gone into the modern complex genre IMHO, as it just is not their strength and I've found all of their modern airliners very buggy, non-convincing and just not right to fly.

I'm being pretty diplomatic there, as my real view on this is that CS cannot credibly be mentioned in the same sentence as PMDG !!! ....... but I appreciate not everyone thinks that way.  :)

I agree that fidelity will go to PMDG. But you have to admit though that PMDG knows they can get a lot of money from this, so they know they can do groundbreaking things in flight simulator which other companies might not necessarily be able to do.

Not too fair when you think about the lead PMDG will get over other FS companies, they spoil us too much,

Pete

And what desktop do they run that on?

An i7 990X?!

I admit I can be very cynical about these things. I usually get very annoyed with add ons, particularly sceneries as they eat up VAS way too quickly and companies make no effort to lower it or optimise it. It is utterly disgraceful.

Someone should make a code which makes the flight simulator delete scenery that is out of LOD.

Pete

And what desktop do they run that on?

An i7 990X?!

I admit I can be very cynical about these things. I usually get very annoyed with add ons, particularly sceneries as they eat up VAS way too quickly and companies make no effort to lower it or optimise it. It is utterly disgraceful.

Someone should make a code which makes the flight simulator delete scenery that is out of LOD.

Pete

I have very few frame rate issues with the NGX until the weather turns to really bad thunderstorms XD

I have very few frame rate issues with the NGX until the weather turns to really bad thunderstorms XD

+1

With the complexity of aircraft like the PMDG NGX and the AXE, I expect some performance loss, but actually I think both perform fantastically considering when is going on in the background of your PC   :)   .......... compare that with the Carenado SR-22; an GA aircraft with a G1000 that is not much more than the default FSX G1000, yet for me, frame rates are 30% heavier in this Carenado offering than in the NGX! .......... In fact that Carenado SR-22 is the heaviest aircraft on frame rates, I have ever flown in any version of FS .... even a little heavier than the Flight 1 Cessna Mustang.         When you consider that aside from the G1000, it does not really have any special functionality over and above a default aircraft, that's not so good.   :(

I agree. I feel that a lot of companies who release products should at least benchmark tests on setups and say how it performs. It is irresponsible to sell a product and not say how much of an impact it will have on flight simulator. Aerosoft sceneries is  prime example of it. Getting 20FPS at Toulouse is unacceptable for me, particularly having a £2000 setup. With the CS 777, it claims on the page, FPS friendly. They have no recommended setups, and the phrase fps friendly is so vague

However, i can squeeze about 25FPS.

Someone should make a page with all the benchmarks.

Maybe I should do it.

Pete

I have the CS 777 as a fill in until PMDG release this beauty and I have to say after sorting out the autopilot roll issue it doesn't fly too badly (touch wood as I want to fly it tomorrow!), there are still a few issues with it but then it is still a beta version. Whether they finish it or not now the PMDG looks (possibly!) close to being released is anyone's guess. The only thing I would credit CS for over PMDG is that the Electronic flight bag is modelled, however vaguely and albeit not in a useful way unless you're flying from Moscow. I haven't heard if PMDG are planning on including one or not but it would be a nice little gadget to have available, and would look better than a square plastic panel! Either way, I already have my money set aside for this add-on, will no doubt be the best of the year!