Sign in to follow this  
Augustin320

Smooth landings

Hello everyone,

I'am new to the fsx community and i was wondering how to make a smooth manual landing?

Does anyone know some tips and tricks?

Best regards,

Augustin320

(sorry for my bad English, i am just a 13 years old boy from Belgium)

PS: most of the time i fly with an a320

I don't care is it realistic if I kill all the passengers on almost every landing, lol. :D
Look up at the up-left side of the overhaed panel FLT CTL section, and deactivate ELAC 1, SEC 1 and  FAC 1.

I heard the same story for AXE, some users have difficult time to land an airplane with FBW. The thing is, with FBW activated, the controls seems slow and sluggish, and I see a delay between commands and airplane reaction. With FWB off everything is back to normal. I'm starting to ask myself what in the world FBW is good for?

Probably.. but... with FBW deactivated A320 is agile like B737 for example, and that's normal, and I'm used to that. With FBW every stick movement is followed by a delayed airplane reaction. I'm talking about PA320, I didn't tested AXE cause it is hard on FPS on my system.

My landing are in 50-150fpm range with FBW off, so you can say I'm an experienced pilot. :)

Hello,

Sorry that i have taken some sort of pause, i have to learn a lot for geographie!

There is a litle problem in my view,the FBW Seems to response well, but when i turn the FBW off, i got almost no control.

I fly with the axe.

Best regards,

Augustin

no problem augustin320. i'm speaking dutch to. so if you want to ask some things in dutch you know how to find me ;)

je kan gewoon vragen aan mij stellen in het nederlands.

What I did was to use CAT III ILS approach to see how the plane did it, after that I tried myself few times. That worked for me. 

With Boeing 737, it tend to flare when if you are trying smooth landing. With Airbus, it is a bit stiff to hand fly on takeoff and approach.

Also Practise makes perfect.  :)

im perfect with pmdg 737 but not very familiar with airbus landing procedures. i am totally agree with few members who posted that practice is important, well practice is only the key to do smooth landings and sometimes less sensitive controls.

The key to make a real good and smooth landing is to learn the basics of landing and approaching procedures, which are then mostly worth for every airplane and condition. As I'm unaware of your knowlege of such procedures, here are some advices for your landings:

-Try keeping your aircraft on the glideslope as you're approaching the runway (generally using PAPI lights)

-Try maintaining your airspeed (not too slow, you're going to stall; nor too fast, you'll overshoot the runway or make a hard landing)

- FLARE (the most important part fo making a soft landing): When you're at about 5 to 20 ft above the runway (depending on the aircraft's size), reduce your throttles to minimum and pull the joystick to perform a smooth landing 

And that's about it; there are also a couple of things you'd rather not do, like landing with the parking brakes on, or with an aircraft weighing more than it's maximum landing weight, or deploy the spoilers before touchdown....

If you were unaware of these hints, I hope my hints might have helped you making your landings softer. Don't hesitate to asking questions neither, in case you have a doubt or don't understand something.

Happy landings!  :)