Sign in to follow this  
Bownsy105

Aerosoft or Black box?

Hello everyone. Iv being struggling for a while with the decision, and just wondered if any one else could compare the two aircraft. A few points of comparison id like someone to just clear up are:

- Which has the most realistic sound set?

- Which has the best fly by wire system?

- and which do you think has the best visuals (external/VC)?

I feel like the black box will be better value for money, as when it's finished I believe it will contain all A320 variants, and it will supposedly be more realistic with them claiming that "every button will do something". But how accurate are the Aerosoft A320 systems? If for example you were transitioning from the PMDG 737NGX, would the simplification of the aerosofts systems be drastically noticeable in comparison?

Any answers to these, as well as any other pros or cons of both aircraft would be greatly appreciated  :)  Thanks.

I have Aerosoft A320 Extended and the visuals are atop of the line. If I would compare Aerosoft A320 with PMDG 737 it is like black and white.

In my experience A320 is more stiff to fly than B737 and flying the A320 manual is kinda hard in my opinion, but I don't know if the fly by wire is supposed to be like that.

The sounds are very well modelled into the Airbus and very realistic.

Aerosoft uses the co-pilot FMS for the doors and external power. But the cool feature with the Airbus is that you have checklists and co-pilot that goes over the checklists and a captain who can switch the switches on or off.

Aerosoft is developing A318/319 and rumours are that they are also developing A330.

Hope this helps. I also hope someone here can add features and/or give you something on Black Box .

I have Aerosoft A320 Extended and the visuals are atop of the line. If I would compare Aerosoft A320 with PMDG 737 it is like black and white.

In my experience A320 is more stiff to fly than B737 and flying the A320 manual is kinda hard in my opinion, but I don't know if the fly by wire is supposed to be like that.

The sounds are very well modelled into the Airbus and very realistic.

Aerosoft uses the co-pilot FMS for the doors and external power. But the cool feature with the Airbus is that you have checklists and co-pilot that goes over the checklists and a captain who can switch the switches on or off.

Aerosoft is developing A318/319 and rumours are that they are also developing A330.

Hope this helps. I also hope someone here can add features and/or give you something on Black Box .

I agree with you. While I have not tried the BlackBox every time I go on their page it does not look too good. Aerosoft's model really looks nice....Just my thought. 

I think currently the best AIrbus is the Airbus from Aerosoft. But I have also the Airbus Series from BlackBox, but it is currently in Beta, so I cant say, if the Airbus from Aerosoft or the other from BlackBox is the best. We have to see and wait until BlackBox has finished his Airbus Series.