Sign in to follow this  
TheFSXexperience

Captain Sim 777

Every developer has their own take on things.  While PMDG may be the preeminent developer of Boeing aircraft for flight simulators, you cannot discount others for trying their best to develop their take on the same things.  I like PMDG and I only wish I could have the right rig to run their products but the wallet says otherwise, so I tend to lean towards other devs like Captainsim, Qualitywings, JustFlight to provide the same aircraft with a little less.  I can achieve almost the same flight experience with one over the other.  I respect any company who can develop a decent model, heck quite a few indies out there do a pretty good job as well (think Posky, Pairbus) and all for free.

I believe it's all with what people can do with what they have, as long as their having fun doing it!

I look forward to PMDGs 777, but I have a pretty good feeling I won't be buying it due to it's rather hefty programming.  I've been in the market for the 777 at Captainsim as I have used the 757 and like it a lot.  I am also looking forward to Qualitywings 787 (the interior shots are stunning).

@Ted_Striker

Tell me nothing, my fav liner is Project Airbus A320 V5, mostly becuase it is very light on frames, and it is generally a overhauled version of default A321, wih few more switches, FMS, TCAS, etc. And the developer still pushing it hard to improve.

@Ted_Striker

Tell me nothing, my fav liner is Project Airbus A320 V5, mostly becuase it is very light on frames, and it is generally a overhauled version of default A321, wih few more switches, FMS, TCAS, etc. And the developer still pushing it hard to improve.

I will admit to being a fan of Pairbus, they have a great team of devs there and they do it all for free.  Tell me Pe11e, where can i get a hold of the stable version of this?

I haven't seen any bugs yet, and yes, it is a bit hard on frames, but i've got a good system so it's fine :)

So what kind of specs does one need to in order to use Capsim's aircraft?  i know i can run the PMDG 747-400X pretty decently if that is a good base to judge from.

So what kind of specs does one need to in order to use Capsim's aircraft?  i know i can run the PMDG 747-400X pretty decently if that is a good base to judge from.

It varies between the different models, but i would say that the 777 is the most frame dropping aircraft in Captain Sim's fleet. I have both the 777, 757, 767 and C130 from CS, and the last 3 of those aren't too bad on frames if you have a decent system. I ran the 757 and the 767 without any problems on a HD5770 1GB and Dual Core AMD processor at 2,7Ghz, before i got my new system :)

Well, I took advantage of a good situation and now have the 777 and the 757 from Captain Sim.  Big differences on performance between the two.  The 777 does run smoother than the 757 but overall, both run on my laptop...yes, my laptop.  Sure it's fans screams bloody murder and I have to up the a/c in the livingroom, but both craft run just fine.  When it comes to the arguments about what runs on whos system, it's a matter of tweaks.  Most of use here are running more modern hardware so the issue is over the fact that some may be overtweaking their settings.  I read a good article at Flightsim.com about tweaking your system to run fsx efficiently, and there were a couple of points made about certain tweaks that everyone swore by initially and how they either don't do any good to improve performance or they actually hurt performance.

My system is far from kicka$$, but it holds it's own and does work fine for what I throw at it...a little overclocking helps too, but within safe limits as the oc utility is built in to my bios.

Anywho, thanks all for the feedback and to the original poster, the best suggestion I could make is one I have to do for myself at some point.  When you get to tweaking so much and one little thing goes wrong, you're best to start clean, trace your steps and make sure you have a good stable base to work with before introducing add-ons. :)