This is an educated guess- Been at this for a few years and still learning! You would have to find out where the textures are for the jetway. Sometimes these things might be in scenery\world\texture but could be elsewhere.
1. I would make a copy and put it on desktop or where yo can get at it. Now save that original texture as a backup. say i fit is called jet.bmp rename it jet.bak. something like that.
2. Now- the one you copied, change it to extened bmp 32 bit. with DXTBMP program.
3. Next Take your bmp of your logo to DXTBMP, at the menu, choose alpha, then ... 'make alpha template'.
4. find the little icon on the right that says... send to editor and click it.
5. This will take you to your pant editor which I hope is photoshop or psp.
6. Now- paint everything you want to be seen .... white, and everything you don't want to be seen.... black. click 'save'
7. You are now automatically back in DXTBMP. on the right side click on the icon with the up arrow (this is 'refresh after edit)
8. Save as DXT1 or 5. Some People whine about dxt1 but I have had no problems. do NOT save as dxt1 with no alpha!!!!.
9. You now have a nice logo you can put in your library of textures. Put it there.
If you want to.... instead of the alplha above keep the logo without doing all that. Take it ot your painit program and also load the jetway texture.
hilite the logo and copy , then hilite the jetway and paste.... then resize as yo see fit. Save this as bmp.Take it to DXTBMP and save to dxt1 or dxt5.
Put this new puppy back where you found the original texture.
This should now show up o the jetways. Stick a fork in ya, you are done!
OR----- Using your design program..... Gmax might be similar. I use FSDS 3.5. if you have a hangar or other buiilding or making your own jetway, and you have some of that building or structure made. You can do this......
1. choose the box
2. skinny it down some
3. right click anywhere and choose current item properties.
4. choose material
5. in the name box type this--> trans
6. hit ok
7. hilite the word trans in the next window you see. hit ok
8. go to- part - texture - click on 'back' (select) You can do front instead but back shows up right now.
9. navigate to your texture library and choose your logo. it will look all green around the logo itself- if you saved as dxt1.
10. drag your box wiht mouse... around the logo.... choose a lot of surrounding green the logo wrods, etc are smaller- less surround- bigger.
11. Resize the box with the logo on it as you see fit to place it on the side of the buiiding.
12. BTW- here we can do this.... go to poly mode and delete every poly on teh box except the one with the logo. Accidently dumped the logo side? hit undo.
13. Now put this logo on the side of the building or other structure.
14. Place it slightly away from teh side of the building or it will flicker in FSX. How far awqay? Up to you... you have to fuss wit it sometimes.
15. when done wit hyour building, compile as mdl add to a scenery library, place it with Instant Scenery.
Or- if you use ADE add to your library there and use ADE to place it.
How's that for step by step instructions? I'm a retired school teacher. If you don't use FSDS- sorry for wasting your time. Gmax might be similar. BTW- test on Friday. Bob