Sign in to follow this  
iFlysimX

FlyTampa's Montreal Memory Usage

Hi everyone!

I wanted to see if anyone else is getting any OOMs with Montreal. I literally just stared a flight with the AXE and my memory, as seen in the screenshot, is already at 2.8GB. Does Montreal use up that much memory? This is the only scenery that gives me OOMs. I as soon as I fly out, it drops to 1.8GB.

Would love to get people's opinion. 

Thanks!

post-1-0-70500900-1419628802_thumb.png

Yes that is normal. There is a termendous amount of works in quality and detail over and above the default. You are also using ABX along with it and I'd say that your 280 mb vas is impressive. Are you using DX10 as well? Oh and are you a 32 bit or 64 bit system? Remember you will need a patch is you're 32 bit to allow the OS use up to 4gb of vas. If you are 64bit the patch is not needed and should not be install...don use the notion that it couldn't hurt because it can trust me.

Something in your setup perhaps...

I'll have another go at it over the holiday and let you know (Dublin to CYUL in the Blackbox a330)...I'm currently flying from AS Dublin 2048 textures to UK2000 East Midlands.  I used to get OoMs before being able to depart from Dublin.  I now see my VAS at 3.5 stabled and drops to 2.9 once airborne and out 9 miles from airport.  I'm currently descending into EGNX with 2.88mb VAS in the NGX...high texture set as well

Oh and I have AS  Night Environment on set at level 2 for the Isles as well

UPdate: Landed in East Midlands...VAS stable at 3.4mb...whilst changing multiple views. Orbx EU region off (saves 220mb)

Ok I'm 3:15 hrs outside of FT CYUL . in the PMDG T7. Departed from Aerosoft's Heathrow Extended were VAS reached 3.70GB on departure.  I'm currently now at 3.03GB..keep updated

UPDATE: 130 miles out no OoM since leaving EGLL VAS 3.5GB

10 miles - 3.76GB

OoM at 6 miles out (all sliders full right and 2048 textures) Restarting flight from save to continue.

This is the first reload over a 7 hr flight in the T7 from High impact Airport to High impact Airport

Ok...you are right....I was fine up to 10 miles out on the restart VAS at 2.96GM...then all of a sudden bam VAS jumped to 3.89GM and 4.015GB on the ground.  We'll need to go back to Fly Tampa's forum and reach out to the team.  I didn't have this issue before.

I see you had a chat with George and he had recommended that we reinstall and deselect the 2048 textures. I heading to my CPU to do just that. I know on my previous install I choose to select 2048. So deselecting This should bring that vas usage down significantly

It appeared to be pretty good at night. Remember KBUF KTPA and KMDW all look good in their texture sets. All I know is when you select or deselect the 2048 textures there is a difference of 800mb ( which is huge in just textures alone). I need to check to how much is used with the extra vehicles which I probably don't need.