Taxi2gate

EDDM IMPROVEMENTS FOR GENERAL UPDATE

I played around with the textures a little bit to see what's possible. This is for my personal use, don't even bother asking for me to share it as that would violate T2G's copyright.

I am quite happy with the result and, in my opinion, it looks much more like MUC with just a couple of changes:

• Changed the taxi lines to a less orange hue (adjustments still need to be made to other ground markings)
  • Changed the concrete texture to a colder hue and added variation in the tiles, which gives a good result in depicting the different lines of grey shading)
  • Changed the window shatters to a lighter grey while retaining its transparency
  • Played around with the transparency of the windows, their colours, and added a custom reflection by adding a terminal to the global map (terminal 2 main building and satellite)
  • Changed the colour of the jet ways
  • Added some variation to the dark gaps between the white chunks of building on the terminal 2 main building and made the shadows under the Lufthansa logo less prominent  

Even though I made these minor changes, T2G's rendition of it is fantastic and I am happy to have it my sim (previews are in FSX, but I usually use P3D v3)

MUC-1.jpg

MUC-2.jpg

MUC-3.jpg

Edited by nthabti

@nthabti: Your apron and taxiway marking colors look great, but at the terminal and jetways I think the Taxi2Gate colors are much better, especially the glas looks better in the original version. 

@paxhun: Thats a problem with the standard IK-Jetway animation, not Taxi2Gate's fault. You can't change that as far as I know. Maybe there will be AES available to get better Jetway animation.

@nthabti: Your apron and taxiway marking colors look great, but at the terminal and jetways I think the Taxi2Gate colors are much better, especially the glas looks better in the original version. 

@paxhun: Thats a problem with the standard IK-Jetway animation, not Taxi2Gate's fault. You can't change that as far as I know. Maybe there will be AES available to get better Jetway animation.

The real Munich is more white than grey, so I preter nthabtis colours over the Taxi2Gate ones.
The T2G scenery looks as if I had quite a strong ENB mod installed in my sim. At least that's how I see it.

You can overcome the jetway issue by using SODE. SODE is available for anyone for free, so nothing against it. With 1.3 you don't even have the stutters anymore!

AES doesn't work in FSX:SE or P3D, so that's maybe a solution for only half of the customers.

Beside that the Ai Traffic which lands remains more or less on the runway and didnt leave via taxiways to the ramp correctly. So part of the aircraft (Tail or part of the wing depends which aircraft type) is still on the runway and blocks it more or less. Maybe it is a problem also with the hold short nodes.

The AI-Taffic makes some Problems, iff AI is get Take Off oder Landing instruction from the Tower all other Aircraft get the instruction to Hold Short because Landing Aircraft, also User Airplane and this also at normal Taxiway far from the RWY´s !!!

and...

Beside that the Ai Traffic which lands remains more or less on the runway and didnt leave via taxiways to the ramp correctly. So part of the aircraft (Tail or part of the wing depends which aircraft type) is still on the runway and blocks it more or less. Maybe it is a problem also with the hold short nodes...

As long as the above mentioned problems with the AFCAD are not solved I think I will stay with my AS Munich
although it was fine seeing the sattelite Terminal in use.

It would also be good if the AFCAD could have Airline Codes at the Parkings/Gates.
Maybe we all get this Hold Short because the bridges are marked as RUNWAYs in the AFCAD?

Edited by christian1974

Hey,

please correct the ILS frequency for 08L and 08R! You used the old ones....

Correct frequencys.: 08L: 109.50 and 08R: 109.30

One little thing to have everything done here. Can you integrate the black runway surface, so this do not disappear in a distance? It's not a big gamebraker, but a bit weird during a visual approach with f.e. the 737 because of the appearing black on the aimingpoint. Here 3 pictures of what I mean.

2015-12-24_19-22-28-5guspo.png

2015-12-24_19-22-19-4mdsu5.png

2015-12-24_19-22-24-6q6sl9.png

Thanks for your efforts to make everyone happy. Please let me know, if I can help you out with stuff you need (PM). :) You guys are the best.

Merry christmas everyone.

Edited by streichholz

Love the scenery! Already one of my favourites :D It definately needs some improvements though.

Would it be possible to move the tower camera to a place where you can watch the take offs and landings without buildings obscuring the view?

(Following images were taken from Tower Perspective, Landing on RWY 26L)

01.jpg

02.jpg

Okay, here's the deal. If you creative folks at Taxi2Gate want, I will deliver some images from the real airport. Thing is, I'm supposed to work there, so it could take some time until I have all the images you need.

Could you please pm me with specific requirements for the photos? 

My first impression - in case of my P3D v2.5 I see a lot of shimmering / flickering..Especially terminal no.2 flickers a lot.and the one, which is opposite to it on apron 2 (bu this one flickers less). Terminal no. 1 doesn't generate such problems. I also see a lot of flickering In case of glass part of all jetways. It's very annoying.

I don't know why but shimmering is also visible in case of grass (winter textures).

Is it possible that I'm the only person, which have such problems? What can be cause of shimmering / flickering?

FPS are awesome, especially if we consider such big airport. Good work but many things must be improved in order to be fully satisfied!

Edited by Starski

Hello T2G Team,

first of all thank you for this great scenery, despite the mistakes this work has the potential to become the scenery of the year!

Two Thwings I am missing:

1. SODE Jetways

2. The ILS frequencies don't have a DME, on the real airport, on all four ILS systems is a DME available

My inputs for improvement:

1. Size/scale of the blue taxi lights, wig-wags and taxi signs (all seem very large).

2. Improve AFCAD to avoid AI Aircraft back-tracking after landing (all runways).

3. Improve/change LOD for certain objects/buildings to decrease sim load (VAS, stutters, fps).

4. With a "configurator", have the options to remove 3D grass, select amount of tarmac vehicles, animations (if any is present), any other items that can improve performance.

Other than what others have already mentioned and the above, nice scenery:)

gates 221, 218, 211, 206 and 203 are all missing a jetway, while gate 220s jetway should be in the red zone. taxi2gate makes great jetways, they just don't know how to place them in the scenery and its honestly getting quite annoying. if they can be more acurate with their scenerys, then they could probably be up there with the best airport developers

2015-12-30_16-34-23-815.bmp

Edited by simsuper80

Happy New Year :)

First day of the new year and I encountered a really weird issue. When I set the date to any date in Jan 2016 I get red textures as shown in the pictures below. When I switch back to 2015 they are normal again. I have installed the winter pack textures as you can tell (and not yet removed the double towers - waiting for an exclusion from T2G).

Any help?

Edit: P3D v3

T2G_EDDM_red_winter_2015.png

T2G_EDDM_red_winter_2.png

Edited by hawx2k

Happy New Year :)

First day of the new year and I encountered a really weird issue. When I set the date to any date in Jan 2016 I get red textures as shown in the pictures below. When I switch back to 2015 they are normal again. I have installed the winter pack textures as you can tell (and not yet removed the double towers - waiting for an exclusion from T2G).

Any help?

Edit: P3D v3

T2G_EDDM_red_winter_2015.png

T2G_EDDM_red_winter_2.png

I experienced the same issue today (P3D v3.1)