EDDM IMPROVEMENTS FOR GENERAL UPDATE

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all thank you very much for making my home airport! It is a tough job to model such a big airport like Munich. Respect guys! I know a lot of people already posted some issues and what you ca

search in fsx for AFX_MDDE_ALT.bgl and make it to AFX_MDDE_ALT.bgl.off I found it after a long time searching.   Greatings from EDDM Frank

We think we finish the update, very soon will list the issues adressed and extra things that we added, thanks guys.

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys!

Had the same issues just before, because of the chaotic patch management, but i could solve them meanwhile:

deinstall your EDDM scenery

delete all your EDDM season packs from your harddrive you've stored

Simmarked installer is still v1.0, so it makes no difference if you redownload or use the one you have.

execute EDDM installer

keep away of the Winter textures in this package!!!

download v.1.2 update: http://taxi2gate.org/?page_id=84

replace old files as adviced

if needed download seasonal package from link above, too

and replace the files as adviced

done!

there should be no more black textures then

cheers ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, let´s open a new topic in the new forum where everyone can put his wishes for EDDM. Taxi2Gate´s starting the development of new sceneries without fixing bugs in a scenery like EDDM. And to make matter worse they don´t answer to any post here. Please have a look onto the new forum where I will create a new Munich airport topic today. And I won´t stop trying to get a updated and fixed version of EDDM since this is my favorite and home base airport!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi elButz,

first i'm happy for your work and I will thank you for your work, EDDM is my homebase.

But at Gate 209 I found an issue. When I choose both jetways, the jetways crossing each other. The inner jetway goes to entry 2R. I've pictures attached.

Again: thanks for your great work!

Charly

2017-7-7_10-21-48-393.jpg

2017-7-7_10-23-31-230.jpg

2017-7-7_10-24-23-719.jpg

P.S  I found another wrong moving jetway at Gate 219, sorry ;)

2017-7-7_10-51-23-290.thumb.jpg.4c06c2ab2017-7-7_10-51-50-846.thumb.jpg.f946c3d4

Edited by Roadie04
more issues
  • 3 weeks later...

@elButz first of all: Thank you for your great work. Would be nice if you could do thet for T1 as well. But the jetways now look a bit strange. There is thh Logo of Munich Airport, the M, missing.

And I know, it´s much time but maybe somebody here is that skilled, so thet he could make the T2 jetways transparent. That would be very very much apprecciated.

12 hours ago, EDDMspotter said:

Very unique. The customers have to work on the scenery by their own because the developer doesn´t give any sign for an upcoming update or stuff like that. Very unique and very very sad.

Yeah, that's very sad. It seems the developer loves Paris more than Munich. For Paris came an Update for P3D v4 a couple days ago. And Munich... is like a stepchild for every developer.

:(

Yh. They promised an update, but I don´t believe, there won´t be any at anytime. Ant if they don´t want to update, they could let us know. I already asked, if they could update the satellite. They said, if they get the pictures, they will. i contacted them via E-Mail, said them that I´d be able to provide them the necessary pictures=> no answer. 

I provided a lot of pictures prior to release. Not only that I never got a reply to my offer to beta test the scenery, I did not even receive a thank you for the dozens of pictures I took during my breaks at work.

The update was promised months ago. Until now, nothing has happened. This is just ridiculous and ashaming. 

Hi guys sorry for my absence, the Jetways are not transparent because if the windows are transparent the whole jetway gets invisible, that's caused by the way it's modelled. Also the textures for the Jetway is a repeating pattern throughout the jetway wich means if I add the M, the whole jetway is covered in M's and this is way more unrealistic than just leaving it out.

We had a huge thread over on FSLabs' Forums wherein somebody (with insight) stated that it is not fair to share files that aren't created by yourself (what I totally agree with) wich is why I've removed the files. Also he mentioned that there will be SODE Jetways for EDDM & EDDF, current status - as far as I'm concerned - is that FlightBeam Studios are looking into EDDF (and maybe EDDM as stated there) but nothing is really confirmed.

I made another set but this is not eligible for the community of T2G, so "they're just for myself" ;) 

T2G announced this week that they're working on updating EDDM for V4 and that they're reworking the sattelite of terminal 2. Maybe they'll include SODE jetways? Who knows. The update should be out in a couple weeks. Then we'll see what actually goes on behind the closed doors... 

2 hours ago, elButz said:

Hi guys sorry for my absence, the Jetways are not transparent because if the windows are transparent the whole jetway gets invisible, that's caused by the way it's modelled. Also the textures for the Jetway is a repeating pattern throughout the jetway wich means if I add the M, the whole jetway is covered in M's and this is way more unrealistic than just leaving it out.

We had a huge thread over on FSLabs' Forums wherein somebody (with insight) stated that it is not fair to share files that aren't created by yourself (what I totally agree with) wich is why I've removed the files. Also he mentioned that there will be SODE Jetways for EDDM & EDDF, current status - as far as I'm concerned - is that FlightBeam Studios are looking into EDDF (and maybe EDDM as stated there) but nothing is really confirmed.

I made another set but this is not eligible for the community of T2G, so "they're just for myself" ;) 

T2G announced this week that they're working on updating EDDM for V4 and that they're reworking the sattelite of terminal 2. Maybe they'll include SODE jetways? Who knows. The update should be out in a couple weeks. Then we'll see what actually goes on behind the closed doors... 

Satellite update is very very nice. SODE would be great and maybe thay can make perfect SODE Jetways with M and maybe, they´d be able to model them in a way that they can make them transparent. When did Flightbeam state EDDM? Flightbeam EDDM would be the best airport ever. Think about FB quality. Woooooow. hope this will come true. FB Eddf is great as well.

FB actually stated nothing... those are all wild speculations :D the last thing they've said about EDDF was that they're having trouble getting into the actual airport and getting photos of it, so they "might look into another project" but this is not official nor stated by somebody under the name of Flightbeam. That is as much statement as we get for now.

You can read the conversation yourself, the only thing stated by somebody who obviously knows what he was talking about was that both EDDF and EDDM will have SODE jetways and those will be directly from the developers.

I think that if T2G are releasing SODE enabled jetways that they'll be of the quality that the original ones/those at LFPG are wich would be non transparent and no shadow flagged. They are - I think - more concerned about performance and it also is more work to model the outside and inside of a jetway.

But we'll see once the new version releases. They officially needed 1 month for their LFPG from announcement until release of the update, so let's just hope EDDM will not take any longer.