utexgrad

Problem with Scenery Install

Hello there!

I'm trying to install your Orly scenery and I get the message "error reading scenery title (vectors) from scenery.cfg" in a pop-up window. My scenery.cfg file seems to be in good order from what I can glean from the file, but the airport never shows up in Prepar3d. I'm on version 4.4 and I'd be happy to send you any files or logs you might need.

Thanks,

Robert

The Orly scenery was never added to the .cfg file although the installer finished running, installed SODE and also placed an uninstaller in my control panel. I will try to add it in manually and see what shakes out. Hopefully that will get me moving along until JetStream responds. I appreciate your help on this one.

I get the same message however the scenery is added as an xml addon file.  All appears to be in order including sode...but the dynamic lighting is non-present

Hi,

Usualy, when the scenery is not added to the scenery.cfg by our installer, there is an error message saying 'the scenery.cfg file is corrupt". This means there are errors in your scenery.cfg, and the installer does not want to modify the file to avoid any damage.
But you can still add it manually via the scenery library tool from the P3D menu. Just make sure to add the "terrain" layer with higher priority than the airport layer.

2 hours ago, JetStream Designs said:

Hi,

Usualy, when the scenery is not added to the scenery.cfg by our installer, there is an error message saying 'the scenery.cfg file is corrupt". This means there are errors in your scenery.cfg, and the installer does not want to modify the file to avoid any damage.
But you can still add it manually via the scenery library tool from the P3D menu. Just make sure to add the "terrain" layer with higher priority than the airport layer.

Thanks for the info. I did not add the terrain layer because I wasn't sure if that was something that was used when configuring the airport in the tool. I'll add that to the scenery.cfg as well. Appreciate the response!