mksas

P3d = FSX???

Hi. I've seen alot of Prepar3d videos now. I see it looks almost exacly like FSX.

Did Lockheed Martin make a copy of FSX, or a better version? If so why?

I've looked at their site. Is it something for pro's?

Thanks.

Hi. I've seen alot of Prepar3d videos now. I see it looks almost exacly like FSX.

Did Lockheed Martin make a copy of FSX, or a better version? If so why?

I've looked at their site. Is it something for pro's?

Thanks.

If I am correct Microsoft sold the code of FSX to Lockheed. So they are both VERY similar but Pepar3D is releasing update which when 2.0 will come out it will be amazing!!

The is the version you need. I have it and its great :)

Prepar3D® Academic $49.99

http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/

If I am correct Microsoft sold the code of FSX to Lockheed. So they are both VERY similar but Pepar3D is releasing update which when 2.0 will come out it will be amazing!!

The is the version you need. I have it and its great :)

Prepar3D® Academic $49.99

http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/

Okay thanks for the answer.

Is it a download or box?

I never download because if I get a new PC or my current PC makes something dumb. Or can you download more than once after you buyed???

But anyways thank you so much for the answer :).

Okay thanks for the answer.

Is it a download or box?

I never download because if I get a new PC or my current PC makes something dumb. Or can you download more than once after you buyed???

But anyways thank you so much for the answer :).

I always save my downloads to an external hard drive :)

P3D performance is better than FSX because it loads a lot more on the same setting of detail. However, P3D have not solved the 64bit issue yet. However, P3D is much more stable, but has fewer aircraft, but better quality. So it is definitely worth getting some P3D planes together.

I am mixed about it. If you have FSX already, don't bother, too much money-wait for more major updates to come through. It is on v1.4, but will be finished at v2 I think.

Pete

Any news on the release date?

Nothing posted in awhile except "hopefully 2013"

Worried about them going back to the old pricing structure with 2.0 though. That was -$750 for pro and $10 a month for developer with no academic offered .

Nothing posted in awhile except "hopefully 2013"

Worried about them going back to the old pricing structure with 2.0 though. That was -$750 for pro and $10 a month for developer with no academic offered .

Why would they go back to the old pricing structure?

Their audience isn't the home simmer. It's commercial developers and companies..... I mean technically even a private pilot using for home use is supposed to use the Pro version....

That is true, but I can see them wanting as much income coming through the revenue stream as soon as 2.0 is released so I don't personally think they will suspend the 'academic' licence.

I hope not!

I love P3D and have unistalled FSX (for now!) as P3D gives me everything I need and is  lot more stable.

I also notice that slightly lower FPS scenarios seem a lot more acceptable in P3D that in FSX.... eg.... when I drop to 22 FPS in FSX it doesn't look so good and seems stuttery, but when I drop to 22 FPS in P3D I hardly even notice it unless O have the FPS counter turned on.       That's a big positive for me!

I can't even find any of my FSX boxes since we moved and built the new house, so I'm running P3D as well on the 737 sim and the smaller version downstairs. Works well so far, but a bit of a pain having to run in a legacy mode to get FSiNN to run for VATSIM

I'm a little concerned about a 64 bit P3D 2.0 insofar as to what developers will cross over and develop on a 64 bit platform when they know there won't be any 64 bit FSX ever, but perhaps between that and DX11 the graphics will look good enough for awhile.

When ProSim737 works correctly with XP10 I'll be switching the 737 sim over to that. Just need to have two more PCs finished to be able to do my visuals the same way (separate undocked windows) as XP10 doesn't work that way.