Jump to content

Gatwick version 1.1 released


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

version 1.1 has just been sent to Simmarket.

As custommer, you can donwload it for free of course. 

BE SURE TO COMPETELY REMOVE PREVIOUS VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING V1.1 to avoid double objects and bugs

WHAT COMES WITH UPDATE 1.1

- adds a configurator
- static aircrafts models become optionnal
- fixes airlines terminal assignation
- fixes bumpy taxiways
- fixes misplaced PAPIs
- adds missing ILS DME on 26L and 08R.
- adds missing Jetblast on P3D version
- fixes missing dynamic lights when flying from another airport
- adds holding point pannels
- darker terminals night textures
- grass color modified around the runways to be more green on summer
- adds optionnnal 2D grass
- adds seasonnal tree textures
- adds seasonnal ground textures
- fixes too bright windows on North Terminal
- adds jetway 111.
- adds some 3D cars and parkings marking near 26L
- adds a new building near 26L
- adds gates numbers at South terminal
- fixes stands arches positions so that VGDS are in the axis of parking center lines

TO COME IN THE NEXT MONTHS WITH VERSION 1.2

- SODE VGDS
- new Boeing hangar
- improved night groundtexture 
- fixing of flickering dynamic light 
- fall trees textures for True Earth England ORBX

- gate number pannels on rotunda and north and south terminal

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the update. Just one request please, Could you make the Fall season textures match the Orbx England fall textures? A much darker brown for those of us that use it!

By looking at the files that would need to be done it should be straight forward? I have included a screenshot to show what I mean. I have selected fall on both options within the Configurator.  
 

Thanks again

Ben

06010BCB-AB9A-4398-83B3-700E897375CA.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ben,

We had checked in P3D with ORBX True Earth Great Britain South and it blends well(see below).

it seems that ORBX put a different color with Orbx England (FTX I asssume)....

We will provide a free more "brown" map but I think it will be available seperately for download since we have to limite the file size of the installer. 

 

1449265247_GatwickGroundSeasonnal(3).thumb.jpg.7ed5ce04cc3a23eccfa2c7af95355552.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "sorted"🙄(I just assume you found a solution before we answer). 

Anyway, this error message appears when FSX/P3D scenery.cfg is corrupted. It doesn't mean that your scenery.cfg cannot be read by the sim, nor that JennaSoft Gatwick cannot be installed. 

It just mean that the activator cannot do the job and that you have to open the scenery library (once the sim launched), browse to Prepar 3D/JennaSoft, choose Jennasoft Gatwick folder and activate it by yourself. 

The fact that your scenery.cfg is corrupted is not due to JennaSoft product. The common error is that there is a gap between sceneries layers numbers. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

version 1.1.5 is now available on Simmarket. 

It's version 1.1+ upgrading files already available here on IflysimX (gate 111, trees fixing, taxiways signs) + some of minor improvements requested by Bradley27(some more groundobjects, some taxiways lights and pannels removed) 

 

Ben, stay tuned, We'll work on your ORBX England Fall season in the coming days. Please send me your email to jennasoft@outlook.fr so that I can make you betatest the result. 

 

Olivier B.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 5:17 PM, jennasoft said:

Hi, I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "sorted"🙄(I just assume you found a solution before we answer). 

Anyway, this error message appears when FSX/P3D scenery.cfg is corrupted. It doesn't mean that your scenery.cfg cannot be read by the sim, nor that JennaSoft Gatwick cannot be installed. 

It just mean that the activator cannot do the job and that you have to open the scenery library (once the sim launched), browse to Prepar 3D/JennaSoft, choose Jennasoft Gatwick folder and activate it by yourself. 

The fact that your scenery.cfg is corrupted is not due to JennaSoft product. The common error is that there is a gap between sceneries layers numbers. 

 

hi, i did add it myself and all was well, thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got round to updating to 1.5.

 

Looking good mate. Thanks for adding and changing the bits pointed out.

 

On the installer for 1.5 Gate 111 and its XML fail to add that missing gate so that might need to be fixed before your next update? Also the Premier Inn hotel and 2 other buildings near it are still not positioned correctly but just a pointer for that next update.

 

Thanks again. I may send you another ADE update as ive noticed Rossiya planes parking on remote stands and we cant have that! ; )

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Hello!

I love you Gatwick! It's incredibly detailed and it's getting better & better each update! Especially the V1.5 update, and the Dynamic lighting & extra taxiway lighting. Feels great to use this addon as I actually work at Gatwick Airport and have big knowledge of the ins and outs of the airfield too 🙂

Although I have some recommendations to add to the V1.2 update I feel are a big priority:

1. Some taxiways near the runways have the blue colored taxiway ending markers. It's only a few lights that lead off the runway white boarder markings to show where the taxiway's boarders are. You can see it in this video: 

 

 

2. I know someone has mentioned it before but I feel big time it should be added is Runway lights for 08L/26R that are always on as sometimes Gatwick online Vatsim (Which I use) and I'm sure on IVAO etc, if the real world is using 08L/26R cause of runway maintenance then they will direct traffic to use that runway, but it is nearly impossible to do this as the scenery doesn't show the runway lights, only the green taxiway lights. - It would be nice to have the green taxi-lights down the middle but at the least have the white runway lights running up and down the left & right side of the runway. At least then we can make use of a short runway if we want to do night time operations online 😉

 

I hope these can be implemented to a future update or added as an optional file (bgl) to add into our scenery folder if we wish to do so (as I know some people will just use 08R/26L as they probably don't fly online).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

 

- blue taxilight will be easy to add and we will fix it. 

- concerning 8L/26R, adding some new optionnal runwaylights is a thing we can do with the configurator but I'm not  sure to understand well. If we add a bgl for rwy side lights on 8L/26R, rwy light don't necessarily need to be off? right?

(I mean you would have two runways lighted, am I right?)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
On 6/15/2020 at 10:31 PM, jennasoft said:

Hi,

 

- blue taxilight will be easy to add and we will fix it. 

- concerning 8L/26R, adding some new optionnal runwaylights is a thing we can do with the configurator but I'm not  sure to understand well. If we add a bgl for rwy side lights on 8L/26R, rwy light don't necessarily need to be off? right?

(I mean you would have two runways lighted, am I right?)

 

 

Hey, I'm so sorry for not replying to this, I honestly thought I did... But yeah! It would be really nice to have it so that two options.

 

One in the configurator you can chose which runway is lit, being 08L/26R or 26L/08R

OR

Have it so that both runways are always lit up... That way if we need to land on the 2nd runway which can happen during late night landings irl, we can see the runway :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, Krake802 said:

Hey, I'm so sorry for not replying to this, I honestly thought I did... But yeah! It would be really nice to have it so that two options.

 

One in the configurator you can chose which runway is lit, being 08L/26R or 26L/08R

OR

Have it so that both runways are always lit up... That way if we need to land on the 2nd runway which can happen during late night landings irl, we can see the runway :)

Hi, blue lights have already been added in version 1.20 available for download on Simmarket for free.

Concerning the second runways, I began to work on it when preparing v1.2 but gave up because of the lack of information 

If you have some (especially about appraoch lights, send me an email at jennasoft@outlook.fr)

 

Olivier B. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...