garydpoole

DL Slaughters my System

Hello 

I've just purchased and installed EGKK V1.1 which looks and preforms great in daylight. However, at night with DL enabled, it totally slaughters my system - P3DV4.4.

Before installation, I had been running UK2000 EGKK and could hold a steady 28fps day and night (DL enabled), with GPU usage on my 1070Ti around 40% - parked at Gate 20 looking down the runway towards 08R holding point.

Now however, at night with DL enabled, parked at the same Gate and with DL enabled, I'm seeing ~5fps and 100% GPU ! Disable DL and I'm back to a steady 28fps.

I have DL enabled at several payware airports, but I've never seen such a dramatic drop in performance like this before.

Any thoughts ?

Regards

I concur.
The DL at EGKK has a ridiculously heavy hit on FPS, down from locked at 30 FPS to just 8 or 9.
Other complex payware scenery DL has neglible impact.

Is it because the light sources are too close to each other and overlap?
IIRC, that's one cause of a big performance drop.

Makes it unusable after dark, which is a bit tricky when there's not much daylight around at this time of year!

On 12/2/2019 at 12:35 PM, jennasoft said:

By the way, you should all desactivate the grass with the configrator.  It seems that the grass has a much higher impact on fps than the dynamics lights. And having 2D/3D grass is not so much needed at night...

I'm really not sure what difference this is supposed to make as on my system, without 3D grass, @ 9:00am in the morning and DL enabled, my frame rates are still through the floor.

However, disable DL, re-enable 3D grass and they're back @28fps.

So for me, 3D grass has zero performance hit - DL enabled or not.