CptEmanuele

Error In Layer Values

this error message appears when FSX/P3D scenery.cfg is corrupted. It doesn't mean that your scenery.cfg cannot be read by the sim, nor that JennaSoft Gatwick cannot be installed. 

It just mean that the activator cannot do the job and that you have to open the scenery library (once the sim launched), browse to Prepar 3D/JennaSoft, choose Jennasoft Gatwick folder and activate it by yourself. 

The fact that your scenery.cfg is corrupted is not due to JennaSoft product. The common error is that there is a gap between sceneries layers numbers. Another solution would be to open your scenery.cfg file, having a look at layers, fixing it, and relaunching the installer.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:57 PM, CptEmanuele said:

Thank you for support, I did some test and I think the problem Is orbx global, maybe is orbx that make difficult the installation, however if you have other tips about I'm here :)

Regards Emanuele 

i had this  also and just added egkk myself from within the sim itself... works fine

On 12/12/2019 at 9:57 PM, CptEmanuele said:

Thank you for support, I did some test and I think the problem Is orbx global

I also thinks so. But no other solution obviously than fixing it manually(as removing ORBX is not an option).

I am having the exact same issue.

I have managed to add the scenery manually and it loads in correct for the most part; excluding the grass textures around the runway, taxiways and close vicinity. In my screenshot you can clearly see that the green texturing is incorrect. I have attached the photo from the product website as a comparison (look in the top left).

I have moved EGKK to the top of my scenery library and moved all the ORBX global files downwards.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

gatwick.jpg

2020-4-1_22-19-20-921.jpg

Hi, in the picture It looks correct just a little bit dark, is strange that even with manually installation it doesn't works. I have recently reinstalled p3d and the installation was good even with orbx, you can try to go for exclusion, to see if you picked the correct folder or to move down it in your scenery page and see if it works. Take a look also to the airport manager, and see what season is selected, you can find it in the root folder of egkk in your p3d folder.

Best regards 🙂

Thanks for your reply.

My textures are definitely darker, however the issue is the missing textures. If you look around the entrance to the north terminal there are roads and other painted textures that have been overridden by plain green.

I also get texture flashing along the taxiways as I taxi past, I'm guessing this is EGKK textures conflicting with ORBX.

I'm going to untick all the ORBX scenery in my library to see what this does and to confirm if the texture conflict is with ORBX.

Thanks  

Hi, let me know, you can also try to verify orbx files from orbx centra, it reinstall the file of orbx in the default position, a lot scenery are in conflict with orbx so a reload could be grate.

Hi

I unloaded all the ORBX scenery by unchecking all the scenery library insertion points (including all the ones from vector right at the bottom) and surprisingly there was no improvement.

I have a few more screenshots:

The first two show the texture squares that follow me around when I'm taxiing and the last shows textures missing as there is just grass where there clearly should be a car park.

Again I still have the error that this thread started with when I try reinstalling, the scenery.cfg layer error.

2020-4-2_13-43-55-751.jpg

2020-4-2_13-44-4-918.jpg

2020-4-2_13-50-18-226.jpg

Hi, sincerely I have not idea what happened to your scenery, sure that i have never seen something like that. 

I have not idea what other tips I can give you, a thing you can do is continue to try. Open a new topic with is own issue and wait for jennasoft team or people who knows more than me.

Let me know if you find something

Best Regards 

Eventually I resorted to a full reinstall of my entire sim (P3D v4.5).

I installed ORBX products first, one by one, and keeping an eye each time on my scenery.cfg to see if gaps started appearing. All ORBX products installed without any issue.

Then I installed Gatwick and suddenly huge gaps in the order of my scenery.cfg appeared. I also then had the texture issues from my previous post. I did also get the error that started this whole thread off with the layer values missing.

I have found a partial solution. The configuration tool seems to cause the visible texture issues. If I install Gatwick and don't change the seasonal textures (not even cycling between two seasons) then all the missing textures load in. If I were to select spring (the default being summer) as I had been doing, then loads of textures are missing, including car parks.

The scenery.cfg file still has gaps and missing layer numbers. The sim does still function correctly despite this.

Overall something is definitely wrong here, and based on my full reinstall it would seem the issue is with Gatwick.

Maybe some of this could be useful to anyone missing some of their textures?

Hi, nice to know that you found a solution, it's a partial solution but it's ok. Is possible, probable that you scenery config is broken, a tip is that you can contact p3d support and ask how to restore you scenery config.

I think reinstalling the simulator is not enough, someone tell me if I wrong but I think scenery.cfg in in the app data and I don't think that you delete it removing the simulator.

Ask to prepar support and let me know.

Regards

On 4/6/2020 at 8:42 PM, speedb1rd said:

Eventually I resorted to a full reinstall of my entire sim (P3D v4.5).

I installed ORBX products first, one by one, and keeping an eye each time on my scenery.cfg to see if gaps started appearing. All ORBX products installed without any issue.

Then I installed Gatwick and suddenly huge gaps in the order of my scenery.cfg appeared. I also then had the texture issues from my previous post. I did also get the error that started this whole thread off with the layer values missing.

I have found a partial solution. The configuration tool seems to cause the visible texture issues. If I install Gatwick and don't change the seasonal textures (not even cycling between two seasons) then all the missing textures load in. If I were to select spring (the default being summer) as I had been doing, then loads of textures are missing, including car parks.

The scenery.cfg file still has gaps and missing layer numbers. The sim does still function correctly despite this.

Overall something is definitely wrong here, and based on my full reinstall it would seem the issue is with Gatwick.

Maybe some of this could be useful to anyone missing some of their textures?

Hi,

sorry for the delay, I have been far from JennaSoft Business for some covid reason I won't develop here. 

I'm back now. As far as I see, the satellite photomap is missing... and with it maybe the flatten effect...

I think it's due to a wrong use of the configurator. Anyway, look in you scenery repertory (the path is something like ....P3Dv4\JennaSoft\Jennasoft Gatwick EGKK P3D\scenery)

Be sure that one and only one of the four EGKK_img... files is ended by ".bgl". If all four are ended by ".off" , the photomap won't show.

The dark grass color has nothing to do with JennaSoft Gatwick to me, as this is just the default P3Dv5 grass. 

Be aware that there may be some other Issue due to incompatibility with P3Dv5 . We will work soon on a P3Dv5 compatibility on May/june 2020(maybe p3Dv5 cast a shadow under the groundpoly even if this one doesn"t show, after all?).

image.png

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The images and issues I was talking about above are all from and in P3D v4.5 NOT P3D v5.

I've had Gatwick uninstalled for a while now (I'm still using P3D V4.5) but I decided to install again to take a look at the bgl files you mentioned above.

I noticed two things: the spring textures bgl was missing and then when I went back to the config tool to select summer it did not change the summer bgl to become active (did not remove the .off extension).

I manually changed this and then got a bunch of errors related to the scnery.cfg, which when I checked had broken ordering in the layer values. This has only just happened when I tried to use Gatwick again.

During install I did also get that same error about the scenery.cfg being corrupt.

Anyway, I've managed to re-order the scenery.cfg using ORBX central