Sign in to follow this  
iFlysimX

Nvidia Inspectors Setting

Read this, it'll answer all your questions:

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

And before you ask, yes, I folowed this yesterday, to the letter and I cannot be more happier with the way FSX is running for me now.  It runs better now than it did before, and that was with using other people's recommendations, including Kosta's (no offense Kosta!).  I don't think anyone out there who posts "how-tos" are really wrong, as with regards to the tweaking world of fsx, it'll depend on your system's hardware.  The above referenced link gives you a no-nonsense approach with the basics and if you have a decent system, all that is recommended is all you need.

I know I am probably beating a dead horse here, but I cannot stress enough of how important it is to use the nVidia inspector, if you have an nVidia card.  Ever since my recent reinstall of FSX, and following the guide that i referenced above, I have not had any issues whatsoever with running FSX at high settings.  I am even able to run all of my payware aircraft and payware airports with UTX and GEX and still achieve decent framerates.  best of all, no CTD after running long flights either.  Now granted, i am running a laptop and she screams bloody murder while flying (the fan, that is), but my hardware keeps up the pace and leaves me all smiles.  The only late game tweak i have had to use is the texture resolution, since I own and run Flightbeam products which stress the HD textures.  i could tone them down if i want, but I leave it to it's own devices and even at 4098, I can still run the sim between 22 and 30fps, which is smooth enough for me.  I don't even have the issue with disappearing buildings at those airports either, which is another good thing.