Sign in to follow this  
iFlysimX

Large Address Aware?

I saw that someone posted this in the Aerosoft Forum saying that it allows for FSX to use more RAM.....Has anyone tried it? Is it true?

Here is what they said:

"Doesn't matter FSX is a 32bit app and without that fix you will not pass the 2gb adress space and when you will have problems with OOM errors!! I have an extreme pc and I still use that fix that I tell you and have no problems at all, not a single crash!!! The link that I post is the method I use!"

http://www.techpower...ad.php?t=112556

Neither fsx nor p3d require any fixes to use 4gb vas (not ram goddamnit!!). :-) fsx is by default LAA enabled. P3d also support max 4gb vas usage. 64bit enables 4gb vas usage, otherwise under 32bit max 2gb vas possible! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I started getting out of available memory errors. After lots of searching I ran across this website and fix.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

I don't know what it does exactly. It has something to do with older, 32bit software running on a 64 operating system ie: Windows 7.

Since I ran this "4gb patch" last week the OOM's have stopped. Could this have worked?

Also, watch this related video for more info. Looks like this OOM's a generic problem with 32bit software running on a 64bit OS.  

Yeah, there is a Large Adress Aware Software which gives the FSX the ability to use 4GB instead of 2GB.

If you want that Software (and trust me no Virus or whatever) send me a PM with your E-Mail (just 41 KB).

The FSX uses basically only 2GB of RAM, it doesn't matter if you have a 64-bit OS or a 32-bit OS!

Greets,

Adrian :D

I found that ExplorerSuite will do the same thing, but with an easier interface.  Fire it up, go to the directory where the fsx.exe is located and clik on it.  ExplorerSuite will then show you a list of really techy entries, but you click on the entry about using greater than 2gb, uncheck it then recheck it.  That's all there is to it.  I used it for my rig and it made a difference, mainly with stability.

I found that ExplorerSuite will do the same thing, but with an easier interface.  Fire it up, go to the directory where the fsx.exe is located and clik on it.  ExplorerSuite will then show you a list of really techy entries, but you click on the entry about using greater than 2gb, uncheck it then recheck it.  That's all there is to it.  I used it for my rig and it made a difference, mainly with stability.

Do you have a link?

http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

Once you have downloaded the program, install it and then run it.

Open the FSX.exe file located where you have it installed. On the left side of the screen you will find "NT Header | File Header".Click on "File Header".On the right side click on "click here".Now you need to enable "App can handle> 2gb addressser".  When you click on it, you have actually disabled it (kinda reversed thinking) so you would need to reopen the same entry again and then click on it again to re-enable, but this time, the setting is now set correctly.  Again, it's weird how that works, but it does set it in the end.

• Next, click in "File", then "Save".

That's all you have to do as you have just "hardcoded" this entry into the exe to tell FSX to use 4gb of memory. :)