FSXAssist 1.00

Just saw this freeware and I wanted to see if anyone here had tried it? Let us know you thoughts!!

Features (see image below)

1) FSXAssist online help (this page).
2) The FSX executable. Automatically detected or user selectable. Blinks if FSX is running.
3) Button to select the FSX executable if it is not auto detected.
4) Automatic or custom selection of the FSX OS priority.
5( Automatic or custom selection of the FSX Affinity Mask.
6) Automatic or custom selection of the addon Affinity Mask.
7) Binary display of the Affinity Mask settings (red indicates a core overlap between FSX and any addons).
8) Automatic or custom selection of addon OS Priority (red indicates a conflict).
9) List of the exe.xml and other addon applications. Select one to 1-drag to a different load position, 2-set it to load before or after FSX.exe or 3-remove it.
10) Button to add an application.
11) Button to remove an addon application.  Note: if the application is a registered exe.xml executable it will be marked as DISABLED in the exe.xml file and removed from the addon list.
12) Button to set an addon to load before (B) or after (A) FSX. Note a W indicates an exe.xml app that loads with FSX and so it cannot be changed.
13) FSXAssist run options.
14) Button to restore the original FSX configuration settings (saved during FSXAssist initialization).
15) FSX configuration persisted settings (changes to these will prompt for an FSX reload if running).
16) FSXAssist notification messages.
17) Button to run FSXAssist with the current configuration.

FSXAssistHelp.png

http://skypilot.biz/home/documents/readme.html

I have been looking for something like this for ageeeeeees. I am really tempted to write an app for applying CFG edits - open it enter values, click apply - done. I would possible add a second .exe that starts with the game and auto checks the CFG too :P

The main issue with my plan is that reading a CFG file is still beyond my programming knowledge so I will need to look around and see if I can dig anything up :)

I have been looking for something like this for ageeeeeees. I am really tempted to write an app for applying CFG edits - open it enter values, click apply - done. I would possible add a second .exe that starts with the game and auto checks the CFG too :P

The main issue with my plan is that reading a CFG file is still beyond my programming knowledge so I will need to look around and see if I can dig anything up :)

Have you tried FSXAssit though? 

Have you tried FSXAssit though? 

Yes, I took a good look at it and while it is good it would benefit more in depth CFG settings to make it a little better since what it covers is most of the things that never really need changed (Texture Max Load already has the TML Editor) and the other tweaks such as LOD Radius only apply if you care, autogen can be set in game and never needs changed (at least for me). If you look at the likes of Orbx's GO Tweak launcher http://fullterrain.com/product_fsxgo.html

that is a good example of what I mean, problem is that is shareware and in my opinion a bit of a rip off for what it is, $9 just for that?

It is just me personally who is looking for more features, I am in no way putting the applications down at all I respect both of them for what they can do since I decompiled the exe of FSX Assist and there is a fair bit of code involved despite how simple it is.

I just tested it, noticed a slight fps increase (around 2-5). Tested on the ground with PMDG 737NGX + Flightbeam KSFO , everything on High (My FSX cfg is already optimized for best performance). Very interesting tool , will test further.