Ted_Striker

Captain Sim 777

While I know the vast majority of community members are eagerly awaiting the arrival of the PMDG 777, I wanted to chime in with my two cents worth about a competitor to the PMDG 777, or perhaps it should be stated that i wanted to provide my two cents about a company who created a pro version 777 before PMDG.  It is also widely known that PMDG has Boeing in their back pocket so I am sure it is safe to assume that PMDG's version will be perfect, but let's give credit to Captain Sim for creating a wonderful model as well.  Barring any real technical issues with regards to running it in FSX, I'd like to look at it objectively.

I took advantage of their sale over the weekend, eagerly downloading what i would consider to be a very stable and flyable aircraft.  I know there are quite a few freeware and payware versions out there already, this one has a great amount of detail in her, as well as functionality.  She's only slightly sluggish on my machine for FPS, so i can deal with that no problem.  I am one who loves the realism and I'll take what I can get without having to sacrifice too much in the way of flying a route without system crashes and the like.  On a side note, I reinstalled my iFly 737NG over the weekend as well, and she performed a lot better with my new machine than it did a couple of years ago on my older one.  I'll need to delve deeper into that beast at a leter time since I am devoting a lot of time into my new toy.

Captain Sim did a great job modelling everything, and I do mean everything.  Their level of modelling and detail comes very very close to PMDG, if not at the same level.  I am sure for real technicalities, PMDG will win the match but in all honesty, if you want an upper level of realism and function for an aircraft, Captain Sim is pretty decent.

I haven't flown a long haul yet, but for what I have experienced of the aircraft, she can hold her own and I don't get any major issues with running it.  The livery selection is ok, but I only recently discovered that CS has a livery library which I need to find (anyone?).  With my recent run of flying the A319 and learning procedures a little bit more, I am more confident to sit in the seat of "Lady Luck" and experience a more immersive flight.

Ok flamers, have a go!

Just a quick update for this barren post, I went on Youtube to find a decent FMC tutorial that didn't confuse the heck out of me and I successfully programmed the bugger instead of falling back on the default ATC and it's annoyances.  I got airborne and a big surprise, the plane flies itself!  Yippee!

Ok, I'm lame, yeah...

Sure, I'm a slow learner and I'm overly paranoid about crashing.  I take what time I have to myself to fly and while it takes some time to set up a flight, i hate to make a mistake and crash.  Although my flight was intended to be from KSEA to KIAD, I made it across Idaho before it was time for bed.  At the very least, I was able to successfully get this plane started up, programmed, taxxied and flown...little steps. :)

So far, I have no complaints about the Captain Sim 777.  It works and doesn't crash my sim or my puter, which is a good thing.  I also see that they are still running their sale, another 24 hours of 9.99 euro products...now if only I can convince myself to buy the 757 and replace the Justflight version I have.  Now that I am becoming more experienced in the cockpit, I can't bring myself to flying any of the other aircraft i have with training wheels.

I bought this bird on their most recent 9.99 sale and it now is at version 1.3.  My first impressions was that the external model is fantastic and the VC is very nicely textured. I have so far only had a chance to take it for a short hop as Im busy flying my Majestic dash 8 for my VA but I did really enjoy the T7.

Everyone tries to compare the CS T7 with the PMDG T7 and I personally don't think its fair. Firstly because PMDG has Boeing in their pocket as it were and so have access to support, tech docs and the real plane that CS wouldn't have but mostly I would never compare the 2 because you will NEVER buy a PMDG T7 for 9.99 euros.

I will be testing the CS T7 much more in coming days but I agree with Ted the plane is very nice and for such a great price I am not willing to complain or compare this bird to other models. 

Looking forward to flying it for FlyUk Aero (My VA) once I'm done flying my q400 to death :) 

@Rory first of all welcome! I agree with your that PMDG has Boeing in their pocket, however, don't you think CS wanted to try and make the best possible B777.....PMDG is just another level :) Let us know how you like the CS!

@Rory first of all welcome! I agree with your that PMDG has Boeing in their pocket, however, don't you think CS wanted to try and make the best possible B777.....PMDG is just another level :) Let us know how you like the CS!

Thanks for the welcome. I am becoming more sure that CS has made a wonderful plane...they got a bad rep for launching it too early while it was still very buggy way back on the 0.X versions, but the 1.3 so far looks good and has fixed numerous issues that were complained about on the forums. what I can say though is that (I agree with other posts I have seen on the subject in CS forums) the texture artist is amazing... the look of the plane inside and out is outstanding.

I will be flying it a bit this weekend and will let you know how it goes but so far I am slowly growing in my admiration for the CS 777 (the 1.3 version that is)