Sign in to follow this  
Michael_B767_ATP

PMDG777 & Prepar3D

Hi,

Well, PMDG made the decision not to support P3D and that's thier business. It will be a shame not having an opportunity to utilize accurately dipicted aircraft developed by PMDG in the future. I've enjoied PMDG's products for many years, but I will "NOT" go back to FSX. I have Xplane10, but I just don't like it. P3D (with all my addons) is my only option/choice for my simming needs.

Thanks for the run PMDG, but future platform development outweighs any P3D addon from "ANY" developer. It was great while it lasted, but its time to move on. I know my wife is going to be happy, I just saved $90.00.. Now she'll want me to take her to dinner.  :lol:

Seems developers of late are playing favorites.  PMDG not supporting P3D, many others are creating aircraft for FS9 only (cannot understand why), or just the opposite (creating for FSX and not FS9).  I think all developers should look at everything in all fairness and at the very least, take a head count of the majority.  As I understand it, P3D is still rather new but the greatest hurdle though is that P3D is not available to the public in the sense that any average Joe can go out and buy P3D.  While they did take up Microsoft's mantle for FSX and overhaul it and from what i hear it's a great software package, it's not widespread enough to devote more time and resources modelling and developing an aircraft to be compatible on both sides.  As iFlySimX pointed out, there was much tweaking to be done and I suspect that would have caused problems with the T7's functionality...sounds like a rather delicate aircraft.

To the poster:  have you thought about CaptainSim?  They make a pretty darned good T7 that my fit the bill and it's much cheaper so you may still be able to take the wife out to dinner too....a win win for both sides.:)

The NGX runs fine in P3D, no tweaking required.

As far as the T7 goes, I would have bought it the day it was released if it ran in P3D. I'm with Mike, I'm not reinstalling FSX after a year and a half of stable flying with P3D. I had to shelve one of my favorites (the VRS Bug) when I uninstalled FSX, I'll get by just fine without the T7. Wish PMDG and LM would work something out but until then its a no purchase for me. :(

I think the issue concerning PMDG products running in P3D does have to do with licensing and when you think about it, PMDG works very closely with Boeing, who is a direct competitor to Lockheed Martin.  Even though this is all within a flight simulator world, I doubt they will shake hands.

I think the issue concerning PMDG products running in P3D does have to do with licensing and when you think about it, PMDG works very closely with Boeing, who is a direct competitor to Lockheed Martin.  Even though this is all within a flight simulator world, I doubt they will shake hands.

Yep, thats exactly right :)

I'm actually very close to purchasing this, despite already owning the FSX:SE version.  Since I love the way P3D works, anyone would be hard pressed not to get it.  It's been out long enough that bugs and stability issues have already been addressed.