SiriusBeta

Very low FPS ...

Hi ...

today I bought LFML for FS2004. I must say, I am surprised ! a very nice product overall ... beautiful ground - textures and well done buildings. Performance in terms of FPS is surprising too. But the other way round ... I never encountered so low FPS with a FS9 scenery on my all new PC. Lower than FSDT`s KJFK ... in other words: 18 FPS on short final with a default Cessna. I didn`t even try with a more complex aircraft !!

Please rework ... I can`t give a the positive feedback this scenery deserves throughout the forums yet ... beauty is nothing without FPS ;) !! will banish it from my HD so far ...

Found out, that the LFML2004_vehicles.bgl does the performance hit. Without this one, everything is just fine. Rather lame support here ...

Good evening SiriusBeta,

Sorry for the late answer to your message.

"LFML2004_vehicles.bgl" includes all the cars on the car parks. I admit many many cars are included, but I thought i was fine because with all sliders set to the right, I have a solid 45+ FPS on approach with the default Cessna on my rig. I can do another BGL with less cars, so you can still enjoy the populated car parks without such a FPS hit (I will put the cars only on places they can be seen from the tarmac) . Please give me a few hours, and I will send you the new BGL if you agree :)

Best regards,

Thomas

Hi Thomas ...

thanks for Your quick reply ... take You time ... those cars are not important to me. For the time being it is fine for me, that everything is running without stutter now ! it is a really nice scenery and I`m just about enjoying it together with "Flight Mediterranee".

Thanks a lot for bringing this one to us !

just one little advise: as many of the FS9 version - customers run rather medium range PC`s, give them a hint in the documentation concerning this bgl. to prevent them from getting frustrated !

Greetings, Mats

just one little advise: as many of the FS9 version - customers run rather medium range PC`s, give them a hint in the documentation concerning this bgl. to prevent them from getting frustrated !

Thank you for your advice, Mats. You are right about the medium range PC's. I will soon create new BGLs with less vehicles, in order to get a good balance between realism and performance, for users who are interested ;) (by the way, LFML_vehicles.bgl includes all vehicles of the airport : the cars, and also the different airport vehicles. If you want to delete the cars, but not the airport vehicles, you cant rename LFML_staticcars.bgl as LFML_staticcars.OFF, and see if the sim runs smoother).

I have a Core i7-950 @3.06 GHz (Stock speed) 6GB RAM and a Geforce 660TI; FPS locked at 38FPS; and the airport runs smooth as silk.

Thank you for your report, Erik :)

I have created new BGLs with fewer objects. I have reduced the lightpoles, cars, airport objects, trees and helicopters. FPS should be better now. Please do not hesitate to paste these BGLs to the "scenery" folder of LFML X 2013 for Fs9.

Mats, in order to try the new BGLs, you must restore the file LFML_vehicles.bgl ;)

Download here

Any feedback is appreciated :)

Best regards,

Thomas

Well, I tested the new bgl`s and got stable 20+ FPS with the QW BAe146 and lots of clouds. Before I got around 15. I had to delete the static cars though, to stay above 20 (below there is too much stuttering). I think, it`s quite a good compromise now, but compared to other sceneries, it should be possible to have all statics there and still 20+ FPS. For me, it works fine now ...

One more question: will there be AES support ?

A small update from my side... Just completed my first flight into LFML with the QW757 from Brussels. Indeed on approach the FPS falls back from 38 in my sim to 25-30. On the ground, FPS are steady 38 again. Noticing the same after my departure. I think it has to do with the LOD's of the airport?

Hello,

I've also some issues of fps with this beautiful scenery. My config is quite old (Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz, Nvidia GT 8800 512MB) but I have managed to flight on heavy plateforms as aerosoft Heathrow etc... with a decent 20 fps. Here, inbound 31R, 3000ft, 15 miles away with Carenado B58 before LFML 30 fps (blocked) and as soon as LFML appears, it's dropped by 15 fps. So, I land between 11-17 fps and at 100ft to runway fps rise again to 20-25 fps. 

I've changed bgl proposed by Thomas without big success; maybe I gain 2-3 fps. I know again ma config is old fashion but if you can do something it would be great...i don't want to come back to simwings LFML 2005!!!

Otherwise, marvelous scenery, as much as close to reality and thanks for thinking of Fs9 users!!

Regards,

Renaud

Hello Thomas,

Thanks and appreciated that you re-work on your scenery for users with low-mediums-old configs. Again your scenery is really great and "after sales services" as well.

Are you planning others plateforms in France? LFMT :) for example?

Nice Week-end

Bye 

Renaud

Hello Renaud,

Thank you for the kind words :)

About LFMT, I would love to do a scenery of it (especially because I know the airport well), but one is already in the works by another developper. It would be a pity to have two versions of a same airport ;)

One project is currently in the works, but it is not in France this time. More news later ^_^

Have a nice week-end too !

Best regards,

Thomas

Hello,

maybe I miss the information's but did you release the new bgl for LFML for fs9? I still face issues of fps despite bgl updated for cars. I'm planning to reduce by myself size of the textures and see the fps impact.

thanks for your feed-back. I really want to enjoy your LFML as it's my home base airport :)

regards,

Renaud