Hi taxi2gate, I'd like to keep the warm interest of fs9 users alive. Great that you have done Doha for fs9!.

We still await the FS9 version of LTBA eagerly-that would be filling a gap really!

The MMMX extreme version would be nice, although we have the 2011 version there so I can understand that the extreme version economically is less interesting.

Can you give us any more info about the possibilities?

Cheers, good luck and thanks for the nice work,

Tompie

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ahhh, stop crying fs9 users, face it... it's over... move on or stay. I don't care. Just stop asking for new sceneries. 

Hi all guys, we will analyze the sales of fs9 versions compared with fsx and we will take a desicion before kmco release that is very close, thanks for your patience.

Hello taxi2gate guys, any chance for LTBA for FS9....? Pleaseeeeeee.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Taxi2gate,

I would just like to add my request that you continue to develop for FS9 (FS2004) if you can.

I have almost all of your sceneries and have reviewed some of them on Simmarket as well.  The Orlando (KMCO) scenery for FS9 was simply stunning!  I continue to enjoy Mexico (MMMX) and other great work you have done.   Although, Doha (OTTH) was not as detailed as the FSX version, what you created for us was excellent and allowed many FS9 simmers to now fly into that new airport with the older OTBD being discontinued effectively.

As many here state, your work is simply excellent, of a very high standard and you are able to produce extremely wonderful results in FS9 and for that reason, I among many here will continue to purchase your products.

Whilst you may decide not to create some airports in favour of others, we are many of us still happy that you continue to support the FS9 pilots - and we hope that will continue.

Have a great weekend,

Regards,

Lee James

Senior Captain

& Events Manager

British Airways Virtual

• 4 weeks later...

Dear T2G,

I guess a lot of FS9 users are eager to know.. Will we every see a VHHH (or LTBA) for FS9? Those are really large airports for which a lot of simmers are willing to pay in my opinion.. At least my money will be yours. It would be really sad if you quit FS9, because your sceneries are from outstanding quality and my PC can't handle FSX properly.. 

Hope to hear from you and Merry Christmas:)

Thomas

• 4 months later...

Hello T2G,

Thank you for your kind reply to this topic, which is one of your most viewed topics so there is still a lot of interest in FS9. I had to read on facebook that you guys quit developing for fs9. If so, it is really sad, but I think it is rude to your potential customers to ignore them on this forum. I bought all your latest products for fs9 and it would have been nice to make an official announcement on this topic. As I said, this topic is almost your most viewed one so people are checking it a lot if there is anything news about a fs9 development...

Hope you can understand this and most of all I would like to thank you for all the great sceneries I had in fs9 (they were awesome!!)- unfortunately I am not going to buy it for FSX since my PC won't like that so much :)

Kind regards,

Thomas

Most viewed topic doesn't mean anything. If they see that they don't sell enough copies to make profit it is their decision to stop the FS9 production. I understand you and I would be probably disappointed too but it is like it is.

Yes I´m disappointed if they quit, but that is not the thing I meant. My point is that a lot of people are viewing this topic and that T2G has not the decency to answer to this topic after half a year, or at least making a statement. I think it is not nice to customers who bought a lot of stuff from them.. (like me)

Dear all fs9 user,

Please understand that the end is near for fs2004. I have flown it since it came out. But for the last 3 years, I have flown fsx and now it's time to switch to P3D. I think you should do the same if it's possible, otherwise...STOP begging for fs9 products. It's over..

BR.

Frank

That's a pretty arrogant statement to make!   FS2004 has been and still continues to be very popular.   And despite the fact that FSX is also finished as far as development is concerned, it, too, continues to be popular and in fact has had some renewed interest thanks to the Steam version being released and now being supported by third party developers.

As for P3D, remember that you need to be someone that is able to fit in the with Lockheed Martin's licensing requirements, since for the moment, P3D is NOT for hobbyist use - it has a very specific licence requirement that prevents all law abiding simmers from using it unless they can fit into those requirements.

However, many of us are hoping that LM may be able to renegotiate the terms of licensing for P3D to open the sim up to ALL users.  But for the moment, we wait.

So in the mean time, you have two very good sims - FS2004 and FSX/Steam - with which to indulge your flying.   I still get fantastic results from FS2004, thanks to Mike GreenBlatt of FS-GS who has optimised my system for FS (god rest his soul).

I understand the reasoning that developing for FS9 might not be a commercial profit making enterprise.   But it should still be considered a very good sim platform and if at all possible, development should continue for those developers who CAN still do so for FS9 and make it worth their while.

Just my opinion,

Kind regards,

A while ago on another forum I've read that for every FS9 copy of a product you sell 10 copies of the same product for FSX. In other words, FSX has 10 times as much customers as FS9. I'm not talking about users, I'm talking about customers and that's what counts for a commercial developer.

For that reason it's not always profitable for a developer to convert his product to FS9. After all, he's investing time and money into that conversion but he's only getting very few sales in return. So little that it's easy to make a loss on an FS9 conversion. Besides that, the time that he spends converting the product to FS9 could also have been spent on developing the next project. When you choose to do an FS9 conversion this means that your next project will have to wait. So what's more profitable, spending your time on and FS9 conversion or spending your time on a new FSX development?

FS9 is indeed still very popular among low-budget simmers. Simmers that mostly got an older computer that can't run FSX properly and that don't always have the money to buy new add-ons. Such simmers are not interesting for commercial developers. I can't blame them for aiming at FSX simmers, that mostly got more money to spend and are more willing to buy add-ons. It's like I said before, FSX sells 10 times as good as FS9. That's not arrogance, that's facts. Clearly measurable, no argueing over it.

I am a FS9 user but I am not begging for products as is assumed by some comments in this thread.  I can afford and indeed own and use P3D so that is not the issue of me.  But, for many reasons, I continue to enjoy FS9 and will continue to use that platform for many years to come.  I will continue to support developers when they choose to market FS9 versions of their products.  Other developers have been very clear where they stand with FS9, which is fair enough.  In the recent past T2G has been good enough to continue to release FS9 versions of some of their airports. So of course, there is interest in the FS9 community for T2G's plans.  They do great work so of course FS9 users would like to see new releases.  I really wonder why some people feel it necessary to come into forums like this to knock FS9 users.  You can't seriously think that that FS9 products negatively impact the development of new products for the other platforms.  I think everyone understands that FS9 is an old platform. We don't need to be told this constantly.  T2G will decided when it is in their interest to stop making FS9 products.  If they decide no more FS9 airports then so be it. But they haven't said that, as far as I can tell.  Instead, they've said nothing.  So, that is why the questions continue to be asked. 

That's not arrogant, but facts. If fs9 was so popular as you mention, why does the development stop?? My guess is that there are NO sales in fs9 products. I don't care, stay with fs9 and enjoy that. But then you won't get any updates or new addons.  :D

The fact that more FSX products are developed for FSX than for FS9 is not the issue.  Its whether developers can still make products for FS9 and be commercially viable and I fully accept that FS9 development may stall or stop completely for some designers.  And no, it has not stopped entirely.

What IS arrogant though is your statement demanding that FS9 users stop begging for FS9 products.  That kind of statement is yet another example of a child throwing his toys out of the pram!   There is no harm in asking the Taxi2Gate developers to see if they can backport some of their products.   And yes, there are still many simmers out there using FS9 simply because they are unable to upgrade at this time.   That does not make them any less important so they are entitled to their say and you have no right at all to shut them up.

That said, it is for Taxi2Gate and its Development Team to decide if they can or will backport or develop for FS9.  We await their decision with interest.

Lee

And yes, there are still many simmers out there using FS9 simply because they are unable to upgrade at this time.

And why are they unable to upgrade at this time? Mostly because of money. They don't have the money to buy new hardware that is capable of running FSX. But if they don't have money for that, why would they have money to buy this add-on? They'd better keep the money in their pocket and save it up to buy new hardware instead of spending it on add-ons.

Here is my view on fs9 and fsx.  I have both installed on my computer and have a pretty good system, certainaly capable of running FSX very well.  For me, I just prefer the look and feel of FS9 over FSX.  For this reason, 90% of my flights are still flown with FS9.  I really think the reason most people finally made the switch from FS9 to FSX was because a few aircraft develpers (PMDG to be the big one) said they were no longer going to make products for FS9, thus in a way, forcing people that wanted their products, over to FSX.  Had PMDG made the 737 and 777 for FS9, I bet there would be a ton more people using FS9 these days because the performance was so much better than FSX.  I know you can tweak the daylights out of your FSX to make it better, but I found myself tweaking more than enjoying the product.  What i can't figure out for the life of me is why is there that small group of people that feel they have to bash someone when they ask for Taxi2gate to consider making a product for FS9?  If you don't use FS9, why do you even care if they make it for us that do use it?  I have seen this Rose character bashing people's heads in over on facebook for requesting such a consideration out of Taxi2gate.  I will tell you this, for the developers that do continue making products for FS9, I will continue to purchase your products just because you contine to support the sim I love.  Unless it's just total garbage, you can count my $30.00 for every scenery you do from now on.  I know a lot of other fs9 users that feel the same way.  I'm glad I have more important things to worry about than whether or not FS9 is dead, and I don't think that Frank Rose is the sole person in charge of determining that for the rest of us.

Here is my view on fs9 and fsx.  I have both installed on my computer and have a pretty good system, certainaly capable of running FSX very well.  For me, I just prefer the look and feel of FS9 over FSX.  For this reason, 90% of my flights are still flown with FS9.  I really think the reason most people finally made the switch from FS9 to FSX was because a few aircraft develpers (PMDG to be the big one) said they were no longer going to make products for FS9, thus in a way, forcing people that wanted their products, over to FSX.  Had PMDG made the 737 and 777 for FS9, I bet there would be a ton more people using FS9 these days because the performance was so much better than FSX.  I know you can tweak the daylights out of your FSX to make it better, but I found myself tweaking more than enjoying the product.  What i can't figure out for the life of me is why is there that small group of people that feel they have to bash someone when they ask for Taxi2gate to consider making a product for FS9?  If you don't use FS9, why do you even care if they make it for us that do use it?  I have seen this Rose character bashing people's heads in over on facebook for requesting such a consideration out of Taxi2gate.  I will tell you this, for the developers that do continue making products for FS9, I will continue to purchase your products just because you contine to support the sim I love.  Unless it's just total garbage, you can count my $30.00 for every scenery you do from now on.  I know a lot of other fs9 users that feel the same way.  I'm glad I have more important things to worry about than whether or not FS9 is dead, and I don't think that Frank Rose is the sole person in charge of determining that for the rest of us.

+++ well said, count me in as well

I will tell you this, for the developers that do continue making products for FS9, I will continue to purchase your products just because you contine to support the sim I love.  Unless it's just total garbage, you can count my $30.00 for every scenery you do from now on.  I know a lot of other fs9 users that feel the same way.  I'm glad I have more important things to worry about than whether or not FS9 is dead, and I don't think that Frank Rose is the sole person in charge of determining that for the rest of us.

I feel exactly the same and share your point of view.  Well said.   To further your point about the detractors I might add that a number of very good developers continue to produce high quality FS9 airports.  In addition to the occasional release by T2G, we are well supported by UK2000, Drzewiecki Design, Imaginesim, and Tropicalsim. New Russina developers such Digital Design include FS9 versions of their products.  There are still a lot of freeware FS9 airports being developed.  To borrow from Mark Twain, with respect to the FS9 community, "... the reports of my death has been greatly exaggerated"