Sign in to follow this  
iFlysimX

DX10 Performance

Hi everyone! So I decided to try DX10 again using Steve's Scenery Fixer and for some reason when i'm at cruise altitude, my FPS get REALLY bad. They drop to 10.....During my approach and departure my FPS jump back up to 20-30....Anyone know why? They were fine in DX9. Thanks in advance for you help!

post-1-0-17744400-1391963490_thumb.jpg

What file is that you have open in the screenshot?

What do you mean?

do you think the fps may be related to the scenery as u may or may not know lfpg causes loss in fps so it may be becuase of the scenery or it maybe of a different reason

No because is DX9 it was fine....And when I get close to airport my FPS became normal again. 

I'm no pro when it comes to FSX. But it might be the shaders of the water that is abolishing your framerates... As normally DX10 is much better for these effects but since experimental, might carry bugs.

You could try to lower your water settings and see if it makes a difference.

To me personally, water is the biggest frame killer.

Update: The FPS drop seems to inly be over the water. I might have an idea whys this is happening. Will keep you guys posted.

Try installing DXT1 water animation textures, not 32bit. I had a problem wtih huge fps drop with 32bit water animation textures (waves).

I have tested FPS with various limits, and for my rig i've found that I get better frames and smoothness while set to unlimited. I did benchmarks at various locked FPS settings, and it was always better for me with setting everything to unlimited. Depends on the system I suppose. 

I was on dx9 forever, and then finally about 2 months ago made the switch to DX10. Its been good. I cant say for sure how much better DX10 is, but with the fixer and some tweaks, i have zero issues running dx10 mode. 

I have tested FPS with various limits, and for my rig i've found that I get better frames and smoothness while set to unlimited. I did benchmarks at various locked FPS settings, and it was always better for me with setting everything to unlimited. Depends on the system I suppose. 

Same here :)

If you lock FPS in FSX, you'll see a drop in performance by circa 20%. If you add FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10 (0.33 is default) under the [Main] section, you'll see a only slight drop in performance while FPS is locked internally. I locked FPS via nVidiaInspector (35fps), and I added FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10 to get rid of micro stutters, and I still can't see blurries. If you set FPS to unlimited internally and in nVidiaInspector also (off), you'll see blurries because FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10 is practically 1/3 of work that CPU is doing for fibers (terrain) at default (FTFF=0.33).

Hmm interesting. I'll give it a try. Ive experimented with the fiber frame time fraction numbers quite a bit, but when I played with different numbers I never really noticed a difference. So what you are saying is, set FPS on inspector to a locked rate, and in fsx leave unlimited, and try the fiber frame fraction tweak, and you should see less blurries?