Sign in to follow this  
Wolkenschreck

Ground equipment at Doha OTHH

Hi team!

Judging from your previews Doha will be the next must have scenery. Great work and such an impressive time frame!  :)

As the scenery for Hamad Intl is already pretty advanced it might be too late for my requetst:
I noticed on your screen shots that you used a Ford as catering truck and typical american vans for the ground equipment. They perfectly fit to an american or caribbean airport. But at Doha or Middle East they just look misplaced. Euro trucks and asian cars are the most common sight there.

So would it be possible to change the ground equipment to some local models?

It might be a small detail but helps a lot to capture the local look and feeling. So if you could change the Ford for a Mercedes-Benz Econic and maybe even include a Cobus 2400 I would be an even happier simmer.

As I don't just want to request something I did a quick search to help you in case you want to adjust the ground equipment.

Thank you for your amazing sceneries!

Christoph

(PS: After painting an VHHH AES texture set for my own use I still have a lot of reference pictures. Just let me now if you need some links for your (hopefully) next project)

---------

catering truck (Mercedes-Benz Econic)

crew bus (Cobus 2400)

general airport vehicles (Toyota Hilux)

And a few more I found during my search but changing the catering truck would be more than enough:

stairs (TLD-580E)

airport bus (Cobus 3000)

saftey vehicles & follow me (Toyota LandCruiser)

Qatar Airways Special Services (BMW 7)

Qatar Aviation Services (Mercedes-Benz Ategi 1823)

fire engine (Panther)